blu-ray/HD DVD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
futureshop is now selling blu-ray disc players and HD DVD players.. for a mere $1300 and $700 respectively..

anyone planning on buying either of these? have there been any movies released for either of these formats?

i say 4 years from now they'll be selling for $35 lol... like dvd players now..

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10073990&catid=

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10071898&catid=

note: CAD$

edit: the blu-ray disc player is actually not going to be releaesd till june 30th.. but the HD DVD one is getting released may 5th..

This is the same thing that happened with DVDs in the beginning.

The format war is Betamax vs VHS all over again.

I support Blue-Ray.

I think you can already buy some movies on HD-DVD.

I don't know about supporting one of the formats this soon. Last time sony fooled me with their SACD format. I really thought SACD was the way to go....and it wasn't.

So I'll wait and probably go with whichever is cheaper.

Or which ever dosent get sent to the dooms of **** lol. One of them will reign supreme and everything will support it. The other wil ljust die i believe.

problem is, thats a blue-ray DVD player.

In another 5 years, they will charge $400 for a blu-ray DVD recorder.

Wait a few years...

I am just going to wait a little bit before I look at purchasing either a HD-DVD or BLU-RAY player.

Like I have seen that many other pieces of technology arrive and die a silent death.
Eg. BetaMax, Mini Disc, Laser Disc, UMD Movies.

Betamax was superior to VHS yet it lost. Blue Ray owns HD-DVD in all respects but cost will this be a repeate of the old tape format?

whatever, they just need to hurry the crap up and give us something with more storage. It's ridiculous to have 500gb hard drives and the biggest thing out there is a dual layer disc at 8.4gb or so.

I remember reading somewhere about 'holographic' storage on discs that would hold up to 300gb and whatnot. THAT'S what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom