Blair is going down after the London blasts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread should be closed but I have no power here. Now Mguire, i thought you hated America beyond anything anybody could comprehend? Why are you saying you are proud of our military might?
i do hate this country, but i guess you could say i contradict myself in one way because i am proud to the fact that i cna sit on my ass during a war and not caer because we have the power to be protected. idk if that came out right, but i hope you understand.

I've read this thread from beginning to end, and as far as whether or not Blair is gonna go down for this or not remains to be seen. Sometimes things like this hurt a political figure and sometimes the nationalism it creates bolsters that figure. Also, figured I should throw one more thought into the mix since I didn't see it anywhere in the thread, what about oil. Bush most likely went into Iraq for "stability" of the region reasons which translates to oil access. Its the underlying reason Bush Sr went to Iraq the first time and his dad didn't finish the job and make sure Saddam wouldn't be a threat to the oil that the GLOBAL economy needs. The WMD issue was most likely a guess but a good enough reason to get over there and finish the job, as well as have precense over there to make sure the Iraqi oil could flow and not fill the coffers of the rich, corrupt Baath (sp) party members. Being the other "Superpower" in the world Britian was most likely consulted and joined, because everyone needs oil. It would cripple the global economy and the military effectiveness of both countries if it got scarce. Now I'm not saying this was some benevolent action on the part of the US and UK, obviously its with alot of self interest. However, all I'm saying is that probably has alot to do with it. Once again I'm not saying its right just stating some observations. Btw, just so everyone knows, I'm 21, American, and A student in History.

I see no reason to close the thread. You have differences of opinion, but most people are staying civil enough and trying to posting meaningful ideas.

PP might be an exception :rolleyes: And....
i do hate this country
Get the hell out, you might hate it but it is still free. There are many "stan" counties, give one a shot.

This thread doesnt deserve to be closed

Debate happens in forums, relising this can make the difference between good, bad and power hungry mod's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom