Black Friday vs any other sale??

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Which sale is the cheapest that happens every year? i heard black friday was the cheapest, can anyone vouch or confirm that? If not then what are some other sales that I should look out for whene buying electronics?

ncix has some good sales in the middle of the summer, and the end of winter, thats when i buy most of my stuff.

I picked up a 620hx psu for 100 when now i can't find them for under 130. In canada though, they might be cheaper in the us.

Normally, Black Friday will have the best sales, but only on select items and it is first come, first bought with limited numbers of items.

From what I am hearing, a lot of retailers will be giving some deep discounts after the holidays. They have the normal pre-Christmas build-up, but people are not spending anywhere near normal levels, so they will be stuck with a lot of surplus inventory. I don't know if that will translate to PC components or not, but overall it will be a buyer's market after the holidays are over.

Almost every store has a huge Black Friday sale... you can find people standing in line at 2am waiting for doors to open, so they can get their hands on the great deals. CC and BB usually have like $200-300 laptops, they'll be giving away 4GB SD cards for like $4.99, same with flashdrives.

It's quite the experience. I suggest everyone goes out shopping some Black Friday morning... if not to buy, at least to see the chaos (but I'm sure you'll end up buying something). Places always have really cheap DVD's, and like 4 seasons of a TV show for $10.

I really hope that a lot of companies/retailers consider alternate ways of getting theses sales across to customers... especially considering our conditions with the economy. Typically, a lot of retailers are in the red by now and "black friday" helps the companies finally reach the "black" in their books for the year. Hence the name of the day. I know that a bunch of companies and retailers are still trying to get people to "come in" the store and shop but considering more options for people to spend their buck this year, IMO, would be wise rather than still just trying to get the customer to walk in.

There again, maybe thats what people need :) To forget the fact that everyone is poor right now and take a stroll and spend some money that they dont have. :)

You are correct about the origin of the term "Black Friday," but it is actually no longer the case. Most companies are designed to lose money on Black Friday. The extreme sales are a way of attracting attention and building a customer base. Most stores will already be in the black before the day after thanksgiving, will take a hit on that day, and will recover in the weeks to come with "real" holiday shopping.

When Circuit City sells a laptop for $300, they aren't making money, unless they add a $150 protection plan, a laptop case, and anti-virus software onto it. That goes for more than half of the laptops, not only Black Friday ones. They have a negative margin on mainly Acer, HP, and Compaqs, but also some Toshibas.

i want discounts off Blu-ray movies so i can get Dragon Ball Z movies 3-4 n 5-6 for my PC. I already got 7 n 9 (Broly n Second Coming) on Blu-ray and movies 1-2.

EDIT:

does newegg have discounts during Black Friday too?? I prefer newegg over retail anyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom