Bills' Everett likely to be paralyzed after 'catastrophic' neck injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we forget that's the risk you take when you sign on for professional sports.

Wasn't he a pretty young guy, too? What a shame.

I think he was a rookie. I may be wrong. I read he may not survive this injury. It's sad, really sad. I feel for the guy and his family.

Whats even more sad is that if this guy was just some random person off the street and not a pro athlete this would not be news.

wow calm down. no need to get so sensitive. do You cry for the children killed on the roads everyday? i didnt think so.

No, but I don't bet on what cars are going to crash either. The kid is talking about how he was betting on the game, and that was all it sounded like he was worried about.

i didn't bet on him crashing... its a bet on which team would win b4 the season started.. and as fanboys we support our team

but it is a bit of a gamble going into sports.. as said b4.. but like i said... i did sympathize... is that how you spell it??

As of today after another evaluation.

The doctor who performed the spinal surgery on Everett told Buffalo TV station WIVB on Tuesday that Everett has voluntary movement of his arms and legs and as a result he is optimistic that Everett will walk again.

"Based on our experience, the fact that he's moving so well, so early after such a catastrophic injury means he will walk again," Green told The Associated Press by telephone from Miami.

ESPN - Report: Doctor now optimistic Everett will walk - NFL

btw.. what happened on the Buffalo game results.. i didn't catch it... i was watching US Open For Tennis.. gotta love that Maria Sharapova ;)

Spinal injury is a tricky thing, he might be able to walk again as theprofessor17 said, but it might not be walking normaly an running you shouldn't expect to see him play again any time soon if ever.

What is sad is that a young strong healthy man has been cut down in his prime if he can walk again he should count himself lucky an not risk anything that could harm his spine.

i only posted this because i made a bet with my dad regarding this team... well this guys down for the count... maybe i'll win ;)

Sorry, but that shows immaturity both of you and your Dad, it is not a funny thing to comment or to bet for and it is the manipulation of the human pain for a personal benefit. I may insult some people and make fun of them etc, but that's further worse. What if that happened to you or someone of your family? Would you still bet at it to get some money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom