Bill Gates: The Devil, or A Brainiac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey cas on that site, if you scroll down to the bottom. that pic with the microsoft corp. in 1978, is that bill gates down on the bottom left?

yashar said:
hey cas on that site, if you scroll down to the bottom. that pic with the microsoft corp. in 1978, is that bill gates down on the bottom left?

Yes...

He's one ugly mofo!!

I think the best part of the site is when you scroll all the way to the bottom they give him horns and put his face in the middle of a pentagram. It's perfect really. After all that research and praise they put that at the bottom. Hahahahahhah.

hygor said:
done nothing wrong???? What about all the anti-trust charges, what about the anti-competition stuff???

They were only charges - and half of the reason MOST of those actually got to court was because, just like a forth of all the other laws of this country, are not caught up on the matter as they shold be.

Again, these were CHARGES - they were innocent on most of these and the only thing the judge did was break microsoft up into different sections which did nothingbut organize microsoft a little better. The judge, in my opinion, did not understand the technical aspect of it. All Bill is guilty of is getting to the market first, which last time i checked, wasnt a crime at all.

Now, i do agree that all operating systems should be free but if you have a problem with this OS, You must call someone to fix it, for this to be possible and still make a profit, you must get money for the products your selling, and since microsoft doesnt make whole machines, i dont see that happening without charging for OS's

The reason its the most popular os in the world is because bill got lucky. He jumped at the opertunity that was given to him from ibm which was all luck because we all know some other company turned them down. Now he bought dos for 50,000 and gave it to ibm. Now somewhere along the line he got word ibm was going to make there own os. Nopw he decided to make his own which was compatable with ibm machines and everything else that was available at that time. Now ibm's os was only compatable with ibm machines and if u wrote software for ibm os it could only play on one machine but if u wrote it for windows it would go on ibm machines plus more. This is how it got to be so popular. Rumor has it he stole early staged cpu plans from ibm and sold them to a couple cpu manufacterors. Now this is only a rumor and was never taken to court because they ahd no proove but when ibm saw cpus exactly like there own on the markit from other companys they new he stole the plans.

lol bill is a good man and provides us with software we could life with not but its what he charges i find pathetic lol

Love him or hate him, you gotta give him (microsoft) credit for helping to make possible lots of cheap computers and an internet with forums galore for a bunch of "geeks" to post "nasty-grams" about self-made billionaires.:p
Go to "deadtrolls" and watch some classy poke fun at microsoft/Bill Gates stuff.
http://www.deadtroll.com/index2.html
"behind the scenes at Microsoft" is a blast.

if Windows hadn't been released, it could be a competition between IBM and Mac rather than Mac vs Windows
maybe Mac would be more successful

but I saw earlier in this forum that Bill had taken an OS from someone else, changed it and turned it into Windows

if this is true, maybe Bill is a thief, or maybe the guy he took it from abandoned it for anybody, or just felt generous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom