Bill Gates: The Devil, or A Brainiac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_darknes

In Runtime
Really think about it. Bill gates has really done nothing wrong. He found out when IBM was going to realease thier OS, and did it a couple of weeks before they could. Is that really so bad? Think about why windows is the most popular OS in the world. What else is easier? prettier?

I dont understand why people make him out to be this big evil guy who wants to take control of the markets. In my opinion, if your product is best liked, well then you shouldnt be punished for it. Saying he is running a monopoly is a joke. The only reason he could even b acused of running a monopoly is because he pays attention to what people want to see. True, his products are priced horribly, but because of that, people like me can download a copy of winxp and not get caught. Not saying i do, because truthfully, $130 for an operationg system is not THAT bad.

well from my point of view, i don't think its fair for him to be punished for researching another company and they're product. however if i was working for ibm, i would think its an outrage. someone "spying" on our coming soon products and using that for their advantage. i would get really mad if i worked for ibm. but as a 14 yr old, i could care less.

well yea im sure IBM would be mad - right now we could be using IBMs OS right now - but he didnt do anything illegal.

digital_darknes said:
Think about why windows is the most popular OS in the world. What else is easier? prettier?

Like we got a choice on the OS. IMHO the only other OS that is as simple to use OUT OF THE BOX is the Mac OS. And even with Mac OS (like windows) there was a few hickups along the way.

Which then leaves me to the Linux OS, which i have to say has a steeper learning curve. Like my RPG group has 40% of the members using Madrake, and for the first half hour they will be bickering about how they really had to fart-@$$ around to get some thing simple to work. Eg. A print job, or choice of email clients and which ISP do they work well with.

digital_darknes said:
I dont understand why people make him out to be this big evil guy who wants to take control of the markets. In my opinion, if your product is best liked, well then you shouldnt be punished for it. Saying he is running a monopoly is a joke. The only reason he could even b acused of running a monopoly is because he pays attention to what people want to see. True, his products are priced horribly, but because of that, people like me can download a copy of winxp and not get caught. Not saying i do, because truthfully, $130 for an operationg system is not THAT bad.

I attitudes towards operating systems are that they should be free. Personally I would not mind paying a little extra on MS Office, or Server or Exchange Server just so that the operating system could be free. And MAYBE the only thing that you would have to pay for with the operating system would be tech support. With that, I mean, you pay microsoft an annual subscription for tech support on the OS.
If you don't want to pay for it, then you either pay a much higher premium when you call up MS for help, or you would have to seek some third party source.
It's pretty close that all ready, and with the amount of interest that MS make alone in the banks, it should not be so bad for them.
My only personal grudge aganst MS is that they do ask a little too much for their software.

He's the devil.

I mean, it's not like he's got fan clubs or that anyone particularly 'likes' him or what he's done (which isn't much). Everyone just knows who he is 'cause he's filthy stinkin' rich!

I mean, it's not like he's got fan clubs or that anyone particularly 'likes' him or what he's done

well he's got my word kuhz he's doing all this without going to college. jeeze thats a huge accomplishment. but yea. you coulduve expected better from him

done nothing wrong???? What about all the anti-trust charges, what about the anti-competition stuff??? There are some seriously underhand tactics employed at m$. Infact if you are using a m$ OS then they are prolly collecting data about you!

I hate m$, I hate bill gates, he is a bloody clever guy... i will give him that, but he is an evil guy!

Think a bond villan and you pretty much have bill gates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom