Bill Gates brags out Vista ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/02/02/1940232.shtml

Pretty funny ... He talks about the Mac/PC ads being "misleading if not untruthful" then he continues on to say "security guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day, they come out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally. I dare anybody to do that once a month on the Windows machine."

Baaahahahaha....

I'm all for saying the Apple ads are misleading, because they are at times. But at least have something to back it up with when you say things like that. lol...

I love this line that someone posted. It made me lol and it totally reminds me of a particular user......................and no, it's not you general.

Marketing has a very close relation to the science/religion debate. Throw out a bunch of information, claiming they are facts, and don't provide any supporting information to prove your claims.

Oh, and dare people to prove you wrong, that makes you sound even more right

EDIT: Just watched that mac commercial with the "surgery for vista" as I had never seen it before. I'm not even a supporter of vista or anything, but that commercial was just ridiculous. Indeed untruthful.

Re: Re: Bill Gates brags out Vista ...

Harper said:
I find most Mac User's being "misleading if not untruthful"

I just love how most of their arguements are based around Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me and they seem to forget about 2000 and Xp.

And most PC users, when talking about how bad Macs are, aren't talking about OS9 and old iMacs from 1999 that they see at schools?

Don't kid yourself.

Mods, just delete or close this thread, I can see it's going no where, fast.

As long people act like adults there should be no problems.

Windows has some major flaws we all know. And Macs ain't as perfect as many might think. As long as all realize this, we'll get along.

Re: Re: Re: Bill Gates brags out Vista ...

The General said:
And most PC users, when talking about how bad Macs are, aren't talking about OS9 and old iMacs from 1999 that they see at schools?

Don't kid yourself.

Coming from a Mac Vs. Pc Family. So I have my fair share of Mac Vs. PC debates in my life time. In fact, I do remember the postman comment to me "I bet your house hold get a lot of computer arguements" as he was handing me my mail (which included both my PC mags and my dad Mac mags)
There is a big difference between one person or a group of people's opinion and/or bad experiences and one company's wide spread marketing campaign.

I do remember reading in last year's Aust. PC Authority where they disected year's "I'm A Mac, I'm A PC" ads on whether or not their was much or any truth behind them.

"Think Different" does not mean "Exagerate The Truth."

Ive been using windows ALL MY LIFE. I never had a problem with it. I too once hated macs. That all changed once i gave osx a chance. I mean, it was a hacked copy on my dell laptop, however it did change my view of personal computing forever. The more i use windows, the more i wish i could afford a mac. I might work in an industry where windows is king, and even though i might have microsoft certifications, my next computer WILL be a mac. Most people who badmouth apple's computers have never tried their operating system to begin with. And i dont mean playing around with it for a few hours. I mean using it day to day for months like i did. Im not a fanboy in the least, but i do have to say osx has to my favorite operating system EVER.

meh..Mac will always only have 10% of the computer market if that much.they just need to realize this.

ncjimn said:
easy problem to solve, let PC users install OSX on their computers.
If Apple did that then no one would ever buy their computers. PCs are cheaper and have the same hardware nowadays so everybody would just buy a pc and a copy of OS X. Apple would lose a lot of money this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom