The Biggest Tech Disaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
What in your opinion was the biggest tech disaster or mistake?

I'm going for Windows ME, buggy glitchy, quite simple pure crap.

Anyone else?

The improper dismantling of computer components around the world to take out the metal.

Saw a few news reports on it and how bad it is for the environment and how some american recycling centers are actually just selling the parts that people give for recycling to 3rd world countries.

Yeah I thought that would crop up. I don't understand wy they're going ahead with it. It's as if they're trying tyo loose popularity.

The improper dismantling of computer components around the world to take out the metal.

Saw a few news reports on it and how bad it is for the environment and how some american recycling centers are actually just selling the parts that people give for recycling to 3rd world countries.

Very true. The amount of e-waste that the western countries produce is distasteful.
We got a lot of problems with it.
1. The rate that computers are quickly getting out dated. It used to be that you could get a 5 or so years out of a computer. Now you are lucky to get 3.

2. Repair cost vs Replacement Costs. Lost count the number of times i have seen computer and peripherals get thrown out due to the fact that you can purchasing some thing newer and faster at around about the same price that it cost to get them replace.

3. High Consumable prices. I have seen way too many printers getting thrown out just because the cost of the consumables is the same price or greater than the printer itself.

Here we got that one laptop per child scheme for 3rd world countries which is nothing more than a football that seems to get thrown between companies like Intel, AMD and Microsoft. And yet we produce so much e-waste. At the end of the day, 3rd world child just want to get onto the internet. It's not like s/he is wanting to play World Of Warcraft on it.

Yeah I thought that would crop up. I don't understand wy they're going ahead with it. It's as if they're trying tyo loose popularity.

Becoz Sentator Conroy is a ****** bag. Here's Proof

105ekh3.jpg

It is crazy. Now in these countries it would be one thing if they were properly recycling the parts, but what is happening is they are melting computer parts outside w/o any bio saftey precautions, and the waste is just dripping into the soil. Once they extract the metal from the boards and parts then toss the rest into a pile.

And cowboy is right, now adays people get a new cell phone every two years and toss the old one and a new computer every three years, just to toss the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom