Bicycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
ikillyou61 said:
no I don't feel every bump and I climb mountains and race people and with those new tires I can go about 20 MPH up hill!!!

I have no problem with these and they aren't as heavy as you guys think they are they way the same as any other bike tube!!!

The ones I got didn't weigh 3.25 pounds

the tubes I got have slime in the inside!!!

Slime tubes = liquid tubes.

I've got solid tubes on my bike and the only problem I've encountered was the wieght. But on a Mountain bike, thats really not that big of a deal. I knew they would make the ride a little rougher, so I bought a bike with a gel seat and front shock absorbers. I never do any stunt stuff with my bike, I usually just ride it around the bike path at the park, but I think that for general purposes, the solid tubes are perfect. You never have to worry about getting a flat tire. :)

You'll be increasing rolling weight, making the bike harder to move and decreasing the bike's handling. The ride quality will go to absolute **** (Have you ever wondered why cars switched to pneumatic tires and, well, never looked back at galvonized?). Also, ever wonder why you don't see a product like this in bike magazines? If you inflate your inner tubes properly, take care of your tires, and don't ride like a moron, you won't get flats that often. And, when you do, you should be able to change the tube on the spot. It's really not that hard - it takes litterally 3-4 minutes at the most if you're comfortable with your bike, and you're back on the trail, road, whatever you're riding on.

Stick with real tubes and just learn how to change the tubes whenever you get a flat. Always inflate to proper PSIs, and you'll be safe from snake bites.

Just my two cents, but stay away from those things.

if you avoid glass etc, you are unlikely to get a flat if you gets some decent tires and thinck innertubes. (apart from pinch flats, but they are caused by something else)

joshd said:
(apart from pinch flats, but they are caused by something else)
also known as snake bites - it's caused from low tire pressure. The puncture looks like a snake bite.

yep. for example, when doing a jump/drop with low pressures, landing on a small pebble could cause the innertube to become pinched between the floor and the rim, causing two small (or not so small) holes in the tube, hence the name snakebite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom