Bicycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The purpose of the bike and the tires will determine whether it's a good investment or not. Not all bikes are created for the same purpose.

For example, if you had a touring bike and weight is a factor, who would want a solid inner tube that wiil be more weighty (the shipping weight of that one is 3.25.......kinda' heavy). And if you have a mountain bike with variable pressure tires for the various terrains, then you can't do that with solid tubes.

What do you mean that I can't have solid tubes with my moutain bike cause I just got them and it works alot better now!!!

I biked across some ice with my bike and swurved from side to side and didn't wipe out so you can count on them for a mountain bike!!!

I ride about 60 miles a day, I wouldnt use those. They may be fine for short trips, but they weigh a ton, and adding weight to the wheels is the worst thing you can do. Riding all out and only being able to do like 12-15mph gets old real fast. Decent tires have plenty of flat protection, and flats are easily fixed. Want more protection, get tire liners.

i do alot of dirt jumping, downhill and freeride, and for me those would be horrible. it is the tires as well as your suspension that make your ride smooth. i exect you would feel every single bump on them.

no I don't feel every bump and I climb mountains and race people and with those new tires I can go about 20 MPH up hill!!!

I have no problem with these and they aren't as heavy as you guys think they are they way the same as any other bike tube!!!

The ones I got didn't weigh 3.25 pounds

the tubes I got have slime in the inside!!!

being a bike enthusiast, I'd say NO, they make the rims more pron to bending...

I would suggest goo tubes, the kind that will fill in the holes while the wheel is spining, but if you plan to ride though stickers and such, then they should be ok

I used to ride about 30-40, I've gotten lazy over winter...

EDIT: what kind of bike do you have,(I'm not big on brands or anything, just curious)

i have a specialized p2. google for it.

i dont ride far, as the place i ride is 5mins from my house. i basically just spend the day jumping and riding the downhill course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom