Bicycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikillyou61

Banned
Is this a good investment or not?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3636434

I heard if you hit a side walk or something small you bounce in the air and I was wondering if thats true?

I just got a new bike thursday august 25, at 8:00 A.M. hmmm why do I remember that date so well?

Maybe cause I was meeting a friend, or could it be that I got hit by a truck and he spent $200.00 on a new bike for me!!!

And then a month later I spent $100.00 to get that new bike fixed and the bike that I was on when I got hit by the truck is probably at a junk yard by now!!!

its just a solid piece of rubber rather than in innertube. You put it inside the tire of your bike. SInce it doesnt hold air it can go flat

Harper said:
I want a set before I go on a bike hike with my scout group

Liquid filled tubes work almost as well, and I can see them being alot better / safer than solid tubes.

With liquid filled tubes, I always ride over glass, thorns and even needles sometimes.

NewCents05 said:
lol yeah just go to the closest water fountain to fill them back up

No, their filled partily with a speciality gel and the rest is filled with air.

ye the gel will seal up a hole to a certain size (1/8 of an inch) tho, so dont go riding over HUGE stuff purposly.

I don't like the idea of solid rubber tubes. The liquid filled is kind of interesting though. I may need to look into them.

The purpose of the bike and the tires will determine whether it's a good investment or not. Not all bikes are created for the same purpose.

For example, if you had a touring bike and weight is a factor, who would want a solid inner tube that wiil be more weighty (the shipping weight of that one is 3.25.......kinda' heavy). And if you have a mountain bike with variable pressure tires for the various terrains, then you can't do that with solid tubes.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom