BFG starts denying RMA support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
HEXUS.net - News :: BFG starts denying RMA support : Page - 1/1

So much for a lifetime warranty.

When video-card manufacturer BFG Technologies decided to throw in the towel on its GPU business back in May, it promised that it would continue to offer RMA support for its products. In fairness, the company has lived up to that promise - until now.

Reports are starting to come in that the company is returning RMA'd cards to their owners without repairing them. An accompanying letter gives the following brief explanation:

"BFG Technologies Inc. is in the process of winding down and liquidating its business. Unfortunately, our major supplier would not support our business. As a result, we are returning your graphics card without being able to repair it. We apologize for the inconvenience."

rma-denial.jpg

Inconvenience indeed.

Considering that all of BFGs cards are supposed to come with a lifetime warranty, we're a bit disappointed to see support ending so quickly. This was one of the company's major selling points and we wouldn't be surprised to hear of customers who decided to buy a BFG card because of the seemingly-excellent support. Furthermore, it was always seen as a company that tried to try to put its customers first, so we would have expected at least a year or two of support.

We feel especially sorry for anyone who bought a new BFG card just a few months before the company pulled out of the market. If anything goes wrong with those GPUs now, it seems the owners will be left with a very expensive paperweight.

Such a pity, they were a decent company and one of the trio of 'best' GPU companies, XFX and EVGA being the other two.

Nooo. I never even knew they died out. They were awesome.

I will always remember them for sending me an 8800gts 320 without even having to return mine. RIP.

If I remember right, they are still around, just making different things, I kinda smell a class action lawsuit for false advertisement now :3

I don't think they ever declared bankruptcy, or anything of the sort so they have to honor the warranty period if they are still around.

Why is it all the good companies are going away and we still have the likes of apple, adobe, verizon, ATT, and the record labels and the RIAA and BP and the crappy banks. booo!

WOW! Considering that BFG was all the rage because of the warranty support, I know a quite a few people who have brought BFG just for that reason.
But then agian, considering the speed of computer technology these days, most gamers are replacing the video cards after 12 months to 2 years.

Doesn't it just makes you go get up from a chair, get machine gun, some groceries and a round trip flight ticket to meet them and demand them to fix your stuff they promised to do or else make them vanish ?

Yes, I know my post sounds a bit threatning but imagined all of those other people who bought from BFG and say "oops we ****ed up and can't fix your stuff you can buy from where else though without a refund from us".

Thats almost enough to make any sane man go berserk, I know if that were happen to me if msi refused to fix something that was rightfully still in warranty and I paid 54.00 for the mobo.... imagined me living up to my user name completely. >_>

if the company is going under, then what do you expect them to do. I have seen this happen plenty of times with manufacturers, importers and disties going belly up.

Doesn't it just makes you go get up from a chair, get machine gun, some groceries and a round trip flight ticket to meet them and demand them to fix your stuff they promised to do or else make them vanish ?

lol, where would groceries come into the picture? you wanna pick up a snack on the way to givin them a peice of your mind... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom