bestbuy tech questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
At Office Depot, we carry GeForce FX 5200 for $129.99. That is our "gaming card" that we recommend when somebody wants to play "high end games".
lol nothing better for gaming than the lowest end card from 2 generations back :)
Speaking of graphics cards, start asking questions about them at BB, how many pixel pipelines, gpu/memory clock speeds, which one is more powerful, etc. Also ask how hard it is to install a wireless network so you can get his pitch on their Geeksquad installation. I've heard they tell some people it can take 4 hours to encrypt your router...

What is the difference between Windows XP Home Edition and Professional? Why does Professional cost so much more? Is there a real big advantage over Home Edition?

Prices from Future Shop (Best Buy's cousin):

Home: $249
Pro: $399

OMG :O
Why does Microsoft need so much money, err...Best Buy need so much money? Talk about Markup!

Why am I limited to a maximum of 4GB of memory per CPU when using any 32 bit operating system? How would one go about increasing the RAM capacity addressed by both the CPU and the software kernel?

Explain why a RAID 0 array is not technically a RAID array when examining the function of a RAID array. What, if any, are the benefits of using a RAID 0 array? What are the requirements for using a RAID 0 array, or rather, do your computers support such a configuration?

Make sure you bring something to record your conversation with, then you can post the actual conversation. :D

Oh, and don't use acronyms. Instead of saying AMD, say Advanced Micro Devices, Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory instead of DDR SDRAM, Personal Computer instead of PC, etc. They won't have an f'ing clue.

Vybuni said:
Make sure you bring something to record your conversation with, then you can post the actual conversation. :D

Oh, and don't use acronyms. Instead of saying AMD, say Advanced Micro Devices, Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory instead of DDR SDRAM, Personal Computer instead of PC, etc. They won't have an f'ing clue.

Wow, it was kinda puzzling for me as well..

After he describes how the best buy PC would pwn, ask him "Will this play UT2007 on the highest settings?". (UT=Unreal Tournament - for those of you that are gaming impaired)

Record the response.. :D

i need to get a cheap voice recorder cause my mp3 players recording sucks. anyone kow a good cheap digital voice recorder i could buy that would still record hiding it in a coat or bag or something?

gaara said:
Why am I limited to a maximum of 4GB of memory per CPU when using any 32 bit operating system? How would one go about increasing the RAM capacity addressed by both the CPU and the software kernel?

Explain why a RAID 0 array is not technically a RAID array when examining the function of a RAID array. What, if any, are the benefits of using a RAID 0 array? What are the requirements for using a RAID 0 array, or rather, do your computers support such a configuration?

ROFL!

lol those are so great... i think im gonna do this when i get bored

one i always wanted to ask are the capacities of things... for example, how many hdd's can this support, how many pins is htis processor, whta kind of graphics interface does this have, etc etc

im too lazy to go grab a quote but someone said somethign about them claiming it takes 4 hours to encryt a wireless network.... thought i'd show you the prices of our local computer shop..... quite sad actually that i am not getting in on this :(

take note nothing is included such as software, hardware, etc to the prices (in USD)
eradication (virus/general scumware removal) - 80
software installation - 30
memory installation - 30
antivirus installation - 30
O/S Service - 60
"Fresh Start" package (reinstall OS, backup data) - 180
wireless network setup - 160 (w/ 40 dollar router)
add computer to network - 80
etc

there are more but i thought those were some of the most overpriced ones... my personal favorite is the "software installation"... i mean, whaaaat?! I just want to know how to play it off and do something for about 20 seconds, and then say "there you go, that'll be 30 dollars!" :-\

Anyways... yea, im gonna try those, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom