Best Video Editing PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on what software, you can get a good dual athlon mp setup for relatively cheap. and it works wonders for software that supports dual processors

One of the produce that i have been quite happy with is theWINFAST TV2000 XP Expert
winfast_tv2000xp_expert_1s.jpg

I have sold quite a few of these to people just so they that capture the next CABLE TV SIMPSON'S MARATHON.

Please name me the time that they have a Simpsons Marathon. A Marathon is more than 4 eps. (Which i have seen on Fox). I've been a raging Simpson fan forever and not once have i seen a Simpson Marathon. Tell me when, I gotta set up the TiVo.

ZeroCool,

That is the times for you???? I live in Sydney, Aust, you live Connecticut, USA. I don't remember seeing any FoxTel Cables in your part of town.

1136398.gif

Got a keyboard? Use it!

you can't get anything at Alienware that you can't build yourself - except maybe the case, but is that really important?

building your own PC will usually end up being better, less expensive, and.... well, better!

I use a Dell Dimension 2400 P4 2.66 GHz 2 80 GB Hard Drives 512 MB DDR SDRAM

The frontsidebus also affects performance

I also recomend Studio 9 (You can get this without hardware or with a 1394 card or one of many solutions for capturing analog video) Pinnacle website

"There is a common misperception that there is such a thing as a "perfect" computer. Computers, by the nature of being open architecture, can have installation and configuration problems. Most computers sold now have many devices pre-installed and the number of IRQ's is still only 16 (half of these go to the system devices such as the timer, coprocessor, etc), that IRQ configuration issues can arise.

Once Studio is configured properly, most computers with a P III 600 (or better), 128 MB RAM (more is better) and either ATA33, 66 or 100 hard drives should have similar performance. If most projects are going to be complex and/or long then a faster CPU, more hard drive capacity and 256MB should be considered. With Studio 8 customers that want to capture and edit MPEG files should have a 2GHz or better CPU.

Performance is heavily dependent on the length and complexity of a users typical project. Someone who is typically creating 3 to 5 minute projects with mostly straight cuts a couple of titles can probably get by with "less" computer than someone who is creating a half hour project with 200 clips, many transition/titles, voice-overs and CD audio.

This information can be applied to most video editing hardware and software packages." ~ Pinnacle Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom