Best technology mag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I am an avid reader, and I am also an information sponge. So finding something to fill both needs can be a real chore at times.

What I want y'all to clue me in on what your fave techno mags are. Mags, as in magazines, not just websites (hard to take a website with you to work to read on break...)

I am looking for mags that have a heavy concentration on computers (hardware, software, modding), internet and websites, upcoming innovations, and the like.

Most everything that I have gotten hold of is easily 50% product reviews (or more). that can be good if I'm wanting to know what the newest digital camera, printer, handheld, whatever is, but I don't. I want technological information, how-to's, the why's and how's of computers.

So...how about it? Do y'all have any suggestions?

I am a reader of APC and PC User.
I also seem to be on a free 1 year subscription to Australian Business & Technology. They keep telling me to renew the subscription, but it's been about 3 years now and they still keep sending me issues.

I syay clear of Atomic as it tend to lack brain content.

I pick up Computer Shopper fairly regular. I also read an occassional Maximum PC, PC World, PC Magazine. I've read one or two others that I can't recall.

PC Modder had some good content. Maximum PC is alright, once you get past the Maxim-type lingo. I do really like Computer Shopper, if only it wasn't 50% product reviews!!!!!!

I have read a mag put together by CPU that was a collection of ratings and reviews of mobos and such. It was good. Anyone know how the mag itself is?

extremetech released a single mag, i got a free advanced copy at a comp convention i went to. Pretty damn good, building powerful pcs, troubleshooting, building different configs, building a linux server.

i dont think they offer subs yet tho. check out www.extremetech.com

I read PC Gamer (there's a small tech section), but I'm going to subscribe to either PC World or Maximum PC. Maybe both...

I would like to subscribe to Maximum PC ... I can't find a subscription form that I can print and mail them. Hate to ask, lol, but does anyone wanna scan their subscription form up?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom