best of drummer,guitar,rapper,bass player,singer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guitar: guitarist from Boston, and Lee Ritenour

Keyboard: MANY (including myself hehe)... to name a few: Joey Defrancesco, chick corea, mccoy tyner, boston's keyboard guy.

Singer: I have a few... believe it or not Whitney houston has one of the greatest voices to me in terms of pitch, control, etc. Also, Amy from evanescence. POWERFUL voice. Some of her songs nearly brought me to tears at some points listening to her voice. Awesome range and powerful.

Bass - Marcus Miller

Drums - Travis Barker and Tony Royster Jr

Rap - Hate it

I can sense that this is going to be a big rap bashing thread...those who hate it really just don't understand it but I really can't expect them to i guess.
Anyways it's not too hard to guess who my favorite rapper is...
I don't listen to much rock so I really can't comment on much of the other stuff.

Guitar - Eric Clapton/Jimi Hendrix

Vocals - Barry White

Rap - Edan (check him out, he's the most intelligent rhymer I've ever heard)

Drummer - The guy from Def Leppard

Anyone who disagrees is wrong! JK

Tony Royster Jr
Oh man thank you, I watched a few videos of this kid at my friends house but the name got stuck in the back of my head. I agree with you though that he is insane especially for his age.

For guitarist I would like to say Tom Morello but I feel that Audioslave has held back his full potential and he's not the same as he was in rage.

And of course people bust in here proclaiming rap has no talent, just because you don't enjoy some of the mainstream sellouts out there doesn't mean there aren't independant underground acts that work hard. Currently I'd say Vinnie Paz is near the top

I'll have to think a bit about the others

Vocals:
Serj Tankian (SOAD)
Amy Lee (Evanescence)
Maynard James Keenan (Tool/A Perfect Circle)

Drums:
Lars Ulrich (Metallica)

Bass:
Robbie Merrill (Godsmack)

gaara said:

And of course people bust in here proclaiming rap has no talent, just because you don't enjoy some of the mainstream sellouts out there doesn't mean there aren't independant underground acts that work hard. Currently I'd say Vinnie Paz is near the top

Yeah! (Don't forget Ryu & Tak from Styles of Beyond - they rock the party rock the party!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom