Besides computers, what you guys fix up or repair manually ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cars, trucks, motorcycles, appliances, homes, aircraft (i was in the USAF years ago), guns and a bunch of other stuff. I don't fix clothes :D

I do my own soldering. I can weld 3/16" stick but I don't have a machine. Otherwise I could do that type of work, I'm pretty good with it. I also do my own electrical work, plumbing if it isn't too involved, I have a house so as a homeowner there is always something to work on. Cars I'm not so technical with, just basic maintenance.

I also do repairs on guitars in reference to wiring, guitar pedals, etc. Only basic maintenance when it comes to guitar woodworking or finishes. Fretboards, necks, etc., I would take that to a luthier.

My 4 wheeler, my truck and car, the house..... Anything really... Fixed my washer a couple months ago when the water pump bushing went. ... I really don't like doing electrical work on the house.. 110 makes me nervous... I'm NOT touching 220! If it can be taken apart, 10-1 I have taken it apart or I will..

I really would like to build a drag car out of a frame and 34 ford cab..... I'd like to throw an LT1 or LS6 in it, but the LS* anything is expensive.

Also a homeowner, so, plumbing, carpentry, painting, landscaping, HVAC, and minor electrical.

I also build websites and do graphics work.

I'm completely lost under the hood of a car. I have peoples to do that stuff for me...usually do trades for computer work or websites. I've fixed boat motors though...with the help of my Pops.

I fix xbox360's with various problems. Ipods, I can do electrical and some carpentry and fix/repair Jeep vehicles older then 02. I have fixed occasional dvd players and cd players. original xbox controllers and n64n controllers. playstation 2 once. and I fixed a lamp the other day :D

I can fix myself something to eat or drink. That's about it. My father and brother can fix / build / repair anything and everything under the sun (EXCEPT COMPUTERS).

So I guess that's why they keep me around?

I'm getting better at fixing a lot of small electronics. Also I'm teaching myself how to do basic carpentry, plumbing, etc. I used to be hopeless at a lot of home repairs but I'm a lot better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom