Bench Press MAX Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man they are some nice fish, I am more into sea fishing my self. Normaly Cod and whiteing & dab in the winter, In the summer Bass Flounder and mackerel.
I normaly use Lug worm and squid I never have much success with artificial baits.

/off topic

I think my genetics suck.

When I attempt 406 this Sat, I'm going to have my bro film it, if I can't do it, I will have him film me doing 315 as many times as I can, hopefully 9 or 10, and then I will upload it so you all can see. :)

lol, now you're b.s.ng. You're practically lifting 2x your bodyweight and you're genetics suck? Gotta give yourself more credit. Now if you were KMAN, then your genetics would suck hard!

Good luck with the 406. BTW, when benching, do you go wide grip?

You know where the rings are on an olympic bar? I rest my pinky on the rings. Now there was a guy there, a pro bencher which is the guy that told me to attend the comp in dec. He told me I had incredible strenght and that if I used a wide grip, I would increase by 20lbs in a month or so. Well I tried that and it was so **** sore the next day, it took me about 2 weeks to bench heavy again. So now I incorporate both techniques which is why my bench is increasing. My elbows are messed up from arm wrestling all those years so I wear an elbow wrap which helps a lot. When I bench, m,y elbows are fine, its just that when the pressure is off my elbows, it feels like there are gonna explode so thats why I wear those.

The wider your grip, the more you isolate your pectoral muscles. The closer your grip, you take the isolation off your pecs. and use a lot of your triceps. Even with an even grip, you're using your triceps.

Personally, Close Grip bench Press is my favorite Tricep exercise.

I'm working on getting my bench to 300, I'm pretty sure i can get that now, I was at repping 265 4 times a few months ago. I haven't lifted for 2 months, but I will surely get back to it soon. My squat max was right at 590, never could quite get 600. I can deadlift 550, and leg press 1250. Powerclean is my weakpoint, because i have no form, and I'm at 250. My coach said i wasn't technically powercleaning, it was called french curling (or was it reverse curls?).

Anyways I started lifting about 6 months ago, and lifted for about 4 months. Had quite some results, lifting 2 to 3 times a week, and switchin up my routine with the backs and bis, chest and tris bit.

Theres this one kid in my grade, benching 450. he plays for varsity football, he did steroids about a year ago but has been clean since. I was going to play varsity, but sadly a job got in the way

Anyways im 17, about to start my senior year. from the numbers im putting up at this age, if i continue lifting....man i cant wait to see what im like in a few years to come

The wider your grip, the more you isolate your pectoral muscles. The closer your grip, you take the isolation off your pecs. and use a lot of your triceps. Even with an even grip, you're using your triceps.

Personally, Close Grip bench Press is my favorite Tricep exercise.

That's what I'm talking about!

I personally use the even grip. I'm going to focus on using wide grip for the next couple of months.
As far as triceps....because I work out at home(living room)I try to use minimal exercises per muscle group. Example, triceps I do close grip bench presses for 3 moderately heavy(for me)sets of no more then 12 reps. Then I move to tricep extension(laying down) for 2 sets of 6-10 reps. That's it! By the end of my last rep, my tri's are pumped and burning.
My overall workouts are done in this manner. I only do basic movements.
I'm not a big guy(172lbs) by no means, but my technique has given me great results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom