Bejing 2008 Summer Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of my friends are actually going over there. Personally I think its just asking for trouble. I don't like the Chinese government at all and any sane person would feel the same. I have a bad feeling about the games. I dunno maybe another Tienanmen square or something. There has been a lot of unrest lately because the government has been suppressing news of the torch passing as well as some other things that are less than "civil'. The sooner that corrupt government falls the better. Best case scenario the Chinese people get tired of it.

Re: Beijing takes dog off restaurant menus

Beijing takes dog off restaurant menus
Dog off the menu for Olympics | NEWS.com.au
BEIJING has asked hotels and restaurants in the city to take dog meat off the menu for the duration of next month's Olympics and September's Paralympics.

Dog is eaten by the large Korean community in China's capital and is also popular in Yunnan and Guizhou restaurants.

A directive from the Beijing Food Safety Office issued last month ordered Olympic contractor hotels not to provide any dishes made with dog meat and said any canine material used in traditional medicated diets must be clearly labelled.

Concerned that canine dishes might offend animal rights groups and Western visitors, Beijing said restaurants expected to be popular among foreign visitors must stop serving dog meat "to respect the dining customs of different countries".

The directive "advocated" that all restaurants serving dog suspend it during the Olympics but made no mention of the many popular establishments with donkey on the menu.

Criticism from Westerners caused the dog meat-loving South Koreans to ban canine dishes for a period of time during the 1988 Seoul Olympics.

Bugger. I always wanted to try Deep Fried Pup.

Hang on, i am not going anyways.

The population of China is so great that even if there are a few foreigners that actually do show up to watch, the bleachers will be filled with Chinese residence anyways, lol.

China have a very strong group of runners and divers though. Yao Ming will play for the Chinese basketball team. Hope he loses. Go USA no matter what!!!! In all events..........

China have a very strong group of runners and divers though. Yao Ming will play for the Chinese basketball team. Hope he loses. Go USA no matter what!!!! In all events..........
Going to be a little interesting to see if they China gets busted for roids again.

I'm not really a fan of the Olympics or it's over commercialization. So I'll probably not watch very much of it. I do like to watch boxing and women's gymnastics (;) ) but that's about it. I can't help but agree with Saxon that all that money they're spending (what like $44 bills I think I heard?) on the games could be much better invested in their people, education, and infrastructure.

Some of the women swimmers are super fine. Too bad that they have to wear that tight fitting cap to hide the top of their hair. Amanda Beard, mmmm. Her eyes are seductive. I think she did some modeling too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom