Being scammed through paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
Is this possible?

I posted my computer on craigslist in my local area and someone contacted me. He didn't seem concerned about the condition or have any questions. He wanted to buy it straight up and everything. This is normally what like scammers do but this was weird. He wants it shipped to Mississippi, which is in the continental US (scammers dont do that). He also wanted to pay through paypal, which I don't think you can get screwed through that. Just to see what he would do, I said I didn't have paypal and that I could only take money order/check and he was fine with that too.

What should I be careful of here?

Get the check, make sure it clears, then ship your item.
For all PayPal questions, please PM Norcent. He's an expert.

Don't accept paypal unless they are verified. This way if somethign happens you have your rear covered.

good job on the nice little fire you guys have going here.
its warm.

:D

hahaha.

He seems legit though...I'd do a check and make sure it clears before shipping anything as stated though.

It is way too easy for someone to do a chargeback on Paypal, and they always side with the buyer. :(

Btw. I have offered sellers plenty of times a BIN price with out asking what the condition is, if it is stated in the ad then I have no interest in being told again. Some accept and some don't not a big deal tbh.

Indeed and there isn't anything you can do about it - Even if sent recorded. If he is PayPal verified than you have sellers protection if sent by a guaranteed service.

It is becoming a problem here and Ebay and PayPal don't care. :/ If you close your bank account they just send bailiffs round. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom