Been Doing this for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Yeah, I have been driving for over a year. And I still dont know what the difference is between Over Drive and Drive :eek: .

Anyone know?

Overdrive is used for highway travel. It's a higher gear used for higher speeds. It's not the same as drive. My grandfather used to shift an automatic so that the Drive wouldn't engage at the wrong time. Overdrive is like a 6th gear in a 5 speed.

Always use Over Drive. It keeps the RPM low when travelling at high speeds.

Drive is meant for pulling heavy loads, etc.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news AG3, but you are incorrect. Overdrive is one more gear. Drive is the 4/3 gears availble to you for normal driving. If you are pulling a heavy load, you would down shift in a manual transmition, so in the case of an automatic, Overdrive would be useless. It's meant for high RPM and low Torque. Lower gears are for higher torque. hig torgeue is needed when pulling large loads.

Inaris said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news AG3, but you are incorrect. Overdrive is one more gear. Drive is the 4/3 gears availble to you for normal driving. If you are pulling a heavy load, you would down shift in a manual transmition, so in the case of an automatic, Overdrive would be useless. It's meant for high RPM and low Torque. Lower gears are for higher torque. hig torgeue is needed when pulling large loads.
Thats what he said overdrive is for freeway travel, and drive is for pulling loads:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom