been around for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
repetitive? what about giving advice and helping people with technical problems, Isn't that what tech forums is all about? I may see people with the same problems over and over but its nice to help others in distress.

Maybe it depends on what you use these forums for. Some come for gaming others to discuss hardware, that can get boring as you hear the same thing many times over. I come for problem solving and to learn about new software or new ways to fix problems.

Been here since December of 2004, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon

AnthraX said:
Where have you been? Green Radience was Flanker. He's made like 20 accounts by now.

Of course he knows that, he's the one who pointed it out to me :p. Same city, same age, same school :freak: What was it flanker1, flanker2, mad_flanker? o_O

Been here since End of July of '05

Beefcake said:
No offense to the new guys but it seems there isn't quite as much members that I really liked. I remember Flanker and his frequant flame wars, and being called a n00b ***hole by him. :cool: Those were the times, till he told beedubaya to kill himself then got banned for it. And beed has been MIA for like 4 months. Maybe he did kill himself...

Yeah, I sort of miss Flanker. Been part of TF for over a year now, but only have posted actively in the last month of so...

I think I am going to stick around for a while longer, a few more years perhaps...

Summer 05.

I joined with a problem, liked the atmosphere, and stuck around. I have learnt 70% of what I know about computers from here, or through here (links).

I agree Beefcake, when I joined, there was far less of the sort of posts ATi gave examples of. Much less spam as well. I think that is why the mods are cracking down really. Trying to get the forum back to that happy state it once was...

(GAR! had to type the whole of that twice, as I accidentally presses shift + backspace which is a bug in the current Xgl + Compiz versions that restarts Xorg, causing me to lose all I had typed... :( )

I joined this forum more than a year ago back when I didn't know a **** thing about computers. Well I still don't know a **** thing about computers but I do have a custom built gaming rig sitting on my desk now! xD

I came here with a rather stupid question, but one I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Once I got here, I saw several people with problems that I knew how to help, so I did. And I kept coming back and doing the same thing over and over. What I was doing was noticed, and I became a mod, then a super mod.

I plan on hanging around here for a while, even if I play the part of cop/babysitter for the most part anymore.

I agree Beefcake, when I joined, there was far less of the sort of posts ATi gave examples of. Much less spam as well. I think that is why the mods are cracking down really. Trying to get the forum back to that happy state it once was...

Exactly. Unfortunately, the atmosphere here at TF has deteriotated quite a bit since the "good old days". A lot of new members (as well as some older ones) have decided to push the limits... and pushed beyond what was acceptable.

Now, this is not a comdemnation of the membership or TF, but a statement of fact. Youth and unrestrained exurberance tend to stray into what is socially unacceptable. So we of the mod team have been charged with reigning in some of this as best we can.

I've been here for.........:confused:...hold on, I can't remember.

EDIT: Over 2 years now:D My start here seems similar to Trotter's. I started out with a question, then poked around for a bit learning and helping answer some questions.

I really like the forum, and i've been around since May 28th, 2005. I don't like it when nobody posts about anything. Such as 2AM in the morning :p

*Elbatrop1, you've been around since March 2004, to see your first post, click "Search", and see the last page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom