beat yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
optical-illusion-wheels-circles-rotating.png

I always liked this one.

The squares marked A and B are the same shade of gray!
If you dont believe it, photoshop the image and cut both squares out of the image, and compare their colors.

illusionym5.jpg

m3trj said:

I assume that none of them are actualy moving, and that they only appear to move because of our eye movement going from each one. The one we center our concentration on appears not to move while everything around them do appear to move so when we move our eyes around that causes the apparent motion. Correct?
If you back away from your screen enough, None of them move until you get about the distance you usaully are from your screen.
I also noticed that the ones with the Red Y on the ends hardly move or don't move at all.

Meithan said:
I always liked this one.

The squares marked A and B are the same shade of gray!
If you dont believe it, photoshop the image and cut both squares out of the image, and compare their colors.

illusionym5.jpg
just checked using Gimp
they really are the same...

apokalipse said:
just checked using Gimp
they really are the same...

Amazing, isn't it? Our brain interprets the relative color based on the checkboard, and not really on the true color of the squares.

if you squint your eyes at the checkerboard one and stop focusing on the pattern you can see the colors start to look more the same, but yeah......that one was pretty dang trippy.

Still can't believe they're the same, the A looks like a solid gray whereas the B looks like a white with a grayish tint

Cut out the squares using your favorite image editing software and you'll see. :) Or you can wait until I get home tonight and I'll post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom