Battlestar Gallactica Fans - Read This Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
Ok season 4 is around the corner! And like all obsessed fans I hunt for any info on the new season religiously. Well I found a cracking season 4 intro and its legit.

In it we see 3 New Battlestars, 2 of them are mercury class much like the Pegasus was and one that is totaly new! Its big twice the size of galactica easy It appears to have 2 flight pods one above the other with the double landing deck like the Pegasus.

One of the Battlestars of the mercury class is confirmed to be called the Hades the second one is shown but the name is not clear enough to read.
The 3rd an Final new Battlestar shown is the TITON this apears to be some kind of command an control Battlestar or Supper Battlestar, from the looks of it has 2 Flightpods on each side each with the over under arrangement that the Pegasus had. It also has what appears to be a KEW turret on the end section by the sublight drives.

Oh BABY IS SEASON 4 GOING TO BE GREAT!

YouTube - Bsg Season 4 trailer

Re: Bsg Fans Read This Thread!

For the last hour I have been watching this vid to get some clues and this is what I can say about the new Battlestars:

Hades like the other Mercury class battlestars has a launch deck for the Raptors on the top of each side of its flight Pod. On the PORT side there is 3 possibly 4 Raptors ready for launch (if crewed). The un named ship that is accompanying the other two Battlestars has shadows that indicate that it two is storing raptors in the same place. During the time that is shown a Raptor launches from the flight pod.

The TITON has from all appearances has nuclear weapons silos on the prow in side by side arrangement, I peg the initial estimate as a total of 24 tubes in total not counting any that are on the underside or in a launch rack like the ones seen aboard the galactica. Also from estimation the KEW turrets appear to be larger than the ones aboard the Galactica and they are mounted on top of the flight pods. The flight pods look like they are fixed in place and are NOT retractable like the ones aboard the Galactica.

There is also a note that one of the newly discovered human type cylons gets given a mission (Possibly Sam Anders) during a Dog fight with a Cylon Raider.

It is also seen that at least 2 of the civilian fleet ships is destroyed one being the ring shaped ship that is easily identified by its unique looks (Name as yet unclear). The second ship that is confirmed to be of the same type as the Olympic carrier that starbuck and Apollo destroyed in the first series.

Also from the looks of it at least one of the new Battlestars is present at the for coming battle of the Ionian Nebula.

At the moment I am coming to the conclusion that there is a twist in the story line that, Kobol wasn't the original home of the 12 tribes earth was. If you look at all of the evidence that has been shown about the 13 tribe the Temple on the algi planet and the probe they are all older than the 1000 years that they where supposed to have left kobol before the other 12.

I got to get around to seeing the rest of Season 3.
Rest of Austalia needs to catch up with the rest of season 2.

[Grumble] Bloody Sci-Fi Au channel being light years behind [/Grumble]

Harper what are your thoughts on the 3 new Battlestars that have shown up? or going to show up?

I want to know where the **** they've come from, and how on earth they just happen to be around (isn't the Galactica currently light years from any "normal space"? (as in where their civilisation used to be).

But the Titan does look like it could live up to its name =P.

Adama onboard please.

Well....

1) The Admiralty sent them on a long range recon before the fall of the 12 colonies.

2) The survived the initial attack on the 12 colonies.

I am a little miffed by where they have come from two but they will be needed 4 basestars vs 1, 44 year old Battlestar that needs some serious time in dry dock trying to protect non combat ships, just after a massive power failure AND no FTL capabilities for at least 20min and some of the civilian ships take longer to spool up there FTL drives going to be one interesting battle.

Harper what are your thoughts on the 3 new Battlestars that have shown up? or going to show up?

Looks rather impressive. But I would really like to know where they came from... I am willing the bet.... EARTH.

However keep in mind, I still need to see the rest of Season 3. Currently at episode 6 on my DVDs. I am also watching Enterprise Season 3 and 4. At the end of the day, it really comes down to whether or not I want some thing light (Enterprise) or Heavy (BSG) to watch.

I am not saying that BSG is a bad show, however Season 3 really does get depressing in alot of parts.

I did also get the BSG Razor TV Movie from the stages.

[RAZOR SPOILER] I found it rather funny when they start showing the CGI Classic Cylons, including the Gold Cylons. Okay, I can under stand classic cylons, but the Gold ones where even cheezy in the classic series too.
Although that free fall fight with young Adama and the Cylon was rather silly and extremely unbelievable.
[/RAZOR SPOILER]

Nope cant be earth, at least 2 of them are mercury class exactly like Pegasus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom