Banning raves in Los Angeles? T&O?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got 2 broken ribs, fractured skull, my nose broken twice, broken finger, and a few pinched nerves in my spine. All of this was from high school crap lol.

It seems like every time I ride a motorcycle, i crash at the end of the day, not ride for a few months, get back on and try something I know I can do, and either the bike messes up or something else happens and i crash again... rinse, lather, repeat. No broken bones tho XD

My main thought on all of this tho, is that violence and drugs happen everywhere, not just raves. I completely support the comment on the government just using it as an excuse to take more of our liberties away, what ever happened to our rights? can't we appeal stuff like this?

Broke my femur it sucked and was in the hospital for 6 days and had to use a walker for 2 months.

Collar bone I was good to go just after 4 weeks. None of which happened at a rave so they obviously aren't that dangerous ;).

1 major concussion 2 minor and those were nothing... bloody nose was worse I ever received at a concert..

and you know how much it hurts me and others in the trance and eurodance scene to be looked down on becuase the kinda music I listen to? It's because a few numbnutsforbrains people decide to OD. I have had stuff thrown at me in stores and yelled at becuase I would dance along to a trance song playing on the radio. I had one person literally walk up to me and said I wasn't welcome in an area I just passed through. Good thing I have no intention of going to that state again. But metalheads in this country are wayyyy more accepted then ravers. No one in the US even can name ONE trance DJ! But they can name 5 hands worth of metal bands from scandinavia! They lump the song "cotton eyed joe" into the same genre as Tiesto or ATB!!! That shows how ignorant people are about the scene I come from!

What do you think happened 20yrs ago with metal?

What do you think is happening to Goths?

What do you think is happening to Punk.. real punk, not that candy store crap like blink182

You only think youre being picked on because youre only paying attention to your music style.

I've lived in Germany in the early 90's, I know about how "popular" electronic music is there, but theyre also huge metal fans too.

Electronic music is more of a European thing, like how a BMW or Mercades are common beater cars. Trying to compare 2 countrys/continents doesn't quite work.

Sucks just like racism sucks... Go through some places that hate all other races but there own... Find far more places like that, then you do places that dislike you because of techno.

I can't tell you for how long I got **** every day for being "scene." Just because I wore tight pants and a stud belt I was the queerest thing to walk the planet according to some meat heads. But through all of that I never said that's enough and stopped supporting the music and the AZ scene and now I'm proud because I've had multiple successful bands and when high school came to an end the trash talking stopped because people put up a front to look cool or whatever the case was.

I'm not a huge fan of techno I only like 8bit and some electronica really but I understand a few people seem to ruin it for everyone thats why I'm not for the closing of raves but maybe better supervision.

I wouldn't know trance if it bit me. Honest. I have no idea what it really is, but that's fine with me. ;) I know my classic rock, the 80's, and the good metal from the old bands. That's all I really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom