Banning raves in Los Angeles? T&O?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell you for how long I got **** every day for being "scene." Just because I wore tight pants and a stud belt I was the queerest thing to walk the planet according to some meat heads. But through all of that I never said that's enough and stopped supporting the music and the AZ scene and now I'm proud because I've had multiple successful bands and when high school came to an end the trash talking stopped because people put up a front to look cool or whatever the case was.

I'm not a huge fan of techno I only like 8bit and some electronica really but I understand a few people seem to ruin it for everyone thats why I'm not for the closing of raves but maybe better supervision.

Wow, somebody like me lol. I did scene for a few years but when i got a real job it kinda got killed. Never fear! My hair is being grown back out and my tight Dickies are laying on the couch. Right now i just wear tripp pants though and get stared at by black people lol.

I didnt get **** thrown at me but constantly got called gay or a *** by people in the mall. Im like wow people are so ****ing closed minded and stereotypical. I could easily call N's gay because the real reason behind wearing pants around your knees LOL :omg: But i dont, because im not a moron like that.

As for the rave stuff i dont think they should be locked down just like i wouldnt want Warped Tour or Ozzfest (or upcoming Uproar) to be locked down. When you take down the woodstock for each music genre you start creating problems and then you get a nasty riot on your hands. If they DO close down raves they will have a **** ton of candy kids to deal with.

Ozzfest? A local radio station is running a contest for tickets.

ozzy_WSKZ.jpg

WSKZ-FM

I see the whole idea of banning raves over one girl ODing rather stupid. Some people feel that they need the chemicals to keep the party going. Other people do not.
If they are going to ban rave just because of one girl OD, then they might as well ban mosh pits or conserts due to people getting crushed to death. I still remember that Limp Bizik consert a few years back down in Australia where some girl got crushed by the crowd.

What do you think is happening to Goths?
Still around. Just not as obvious as they where in the 90's

^Saddly Raver deaths are common all over.

Its more, I think, about the drug used and not so much about the drug use.

Extacy basically can boil the brain, add that to hugely crowded and hot building is the major killer.

The problem is that you have ideas where they are talking about having services where people can check the drugs that they hard taking at the rave parties. Great idea until you introduce the morally correct people that shout out drugs are illegal.

Oddly I am in favor of seeing that kind of thing, especially in night clubs. I don't do drugs not my thing never have been never will be but I can picture lot's of people being put off seeing that the speed they are using is cut with all kinds of poison and has less than 20% of the atchual substance you want in it.

I rember when I was about 13 there was a kid taken to hospital because of toxic effects from weed cut with rubber and glue from one 5 bar, I don't know how common that is but I do know that MOST of the UK's weed is imported from north Africa via Spain and it get's cut so many times along the way your lucky to see much weed in your weed.

There is one odd fact I do know about one drug, it was marketed as a plant food but diluted and drank it was a party drug known as meow meow. Since it was made illegal the remaining stockpiles have been cut with other substances it is now mostly salt and other water soluble crystals (crushed water tablets and sweetener) to the extent the value of a 5kg bag is worth 20k street but off substance content it's about 50p per dose of narcotic and £2 of other.

The problem is that you have ideas where they are talking about having services where people can check the drugs that they hard taking at the rave parties. Great idea until you introduce the morally correct people that shout out drugs are illegal.

Not to turn this into a political thread but I can't see that kind of proposal being popular at all if it involved the Government paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom