banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without getting in to the details, Nubius deserved his ban entirely. Too bad, I actually sorta liked the guy; he was pretty funny some times and I think we would've got on well. He left TF long before I was a Moderator, though.

BTW I just read the Rules of the forum, no where does it state anything about Folding not being included into the total size of a siggy.

it's an exclusive club

only a special few knows where to look

but here's a hint
Are there any benefits for running Folding@Home?
Aside from the satisfaction of having played a small part in research that may well cure a multitude of diseases, there are a few perks. For your dedication you can have your name added to our milestone list. You also get a break on your signature restrictions with F@H team members being allowed to break the image restriction by having a F@H stats signature and a milestone userbar.

Yea I know some of the mod's round here have reputations as hard arses but we are not we just care a lot for tech forums and we don't want to see it go down hill.

I'd rather you be hard ***es than slackers, though. I for one appreciate all the hard work that ya'll put into tech forums, to make it enjoyable for the rest of us.

I go to many other forums, and I see bad moderation/management quite a bit.

We hate to ban regular members, and will try every means we can to avoid it. Spammers we ban without batting an eye.

Nubius is a great guy, but he went too far and continued to do so after attempts were made to get him to stop. I hated to see him go, and I still miss him.

While there are a lot of rules, each one was put in place because of someone's abuses. "95% of the rules are made to corral in 5% of the people."

The infractions system that came with the upgrade has made mods' jobs much simpler. Before it was a PM warning a member, and another, and another, until mods got ed up and banned them. Now, each infraction has a value, and they have a time limit. Once a certain threshold is reached the member gets a one week suspension. After that, if the next threshold is reached it is a one month suspension. There is an upper-most threshold that generates an automatic ban (currently 150 points).

I'm still shocked that I'm not banned yet. I tend to be very aggressive, so if anything, I would say the mods are lenient when it comes to banning.

Aggressive is not a problem. Flaming, typing around the filter, and completely inappropriate behavior are problems. There are a few who have racked up quite a few infractions, but the vast majority have had one or less.

We try to be lenient, and we will delete posts to control the tempers when we can. We do not, however, delete the posts from the database... they are "soft deleted" and still there, but can only be seen by mods. These are kept in case they are needed to show why we mods took a specific course of action or to prove what was said/done. It is SOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom