Back Lit (character lit) keyboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

evelmunkey

In Runtime
Anyone own one? How do you like it? What model?

I know the most popular seems to be the saitek. I have read several reviews and see alot of complaints about the paint wearing off. Anyone know anything this model or recommend any others. I want a keyboard I can use in a pitch black room.

I have the saitek one and yes, the paint has worn off a little bit, but you don't see it unless you are really looking for it. I like it alot, its great for really bad typists like me who have to look at the keyboard, and when i'm playing a game with the lights off, its nice to be able to see what you're doing when messaging people.

is there any wireless lit keyboards, cause ive seen a saitek, their pretty nice but i like to have a wireless so i can use my TV as a second moniter and sit on my bed and type

i have the logitech g15 and it is sick. comes with a wrist support thing, and also has 3 levels of brighness for the keys. also has a sweet lcd screen that can display your music or whatever else you want.

I am onto my 4th one now.

OEM None Name USB - Keys faded away in about 2 months of use. And I am not talking w a s d, I am talking a lot of the other keys too.

Flexigrlow X-Raider Illuminated Keyboard - Keys startfaided away in about 3 months of use. w a s d where no existant in about 8 months of use. Sold that to one of the guys here on TF.

Flexigrlow Sleek Illuminated Keyboard - I ordered this one by mistake thinking it was another X-Raider. I hated it as smaller keyboard with a softtouch keys.

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - MY w a s d are no longer visable. However my other keys are still there.
This keyboard does have an extremely large footprint due to the 18 extra programable keys. It's very easy to program.
The LED Display is a nice bit of W@NKW@RE, however I find it useful if I want to monitor my POP3 account or watch the time, or skip through songs on winamp while I am playing a game.

R1C0CH3T said:
i have the logitech g15 and it is sick. comes with a wrist support thing, and also has 3 levels of brighness for the keys. also has a sweet lcd screen that can display your music or whatever else you want.

That is a really cool keyboard, but a little over the top for me. Ideally I want an all black keyboard with just the keyboad characters illuminated with white light. I cant find one....

Harper said:
I am onto my 4th one now.

OEM None Name USB - Keys faded away in about 2 months of use. And I am not talking w a s d, I am talking a lot of the other keys too.

Flexigrlow X-Raider Illuminated Keyboard - Keys startfaided away in about 3 months of use. w a s d where no existant in about 8 months of use. Sold that to one of the guys here on TF.

Flexigrlow Sleek Illuminated Keyboard - I ordered this one by mistake thinking it was another X-Raider. I hated it as smaller keyboard with a softtouch keys.

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - MY w a s d are no longer visable. However my other keys are still there.
This keyboard does have an extremely large footprint due to the 18 extra programable keys. It's very easy to program.
The LED Display is a nice bit of W@NKW@RE, however I find it useful if I want to monitor my POP3 account or watch the time, or skip through songs on winamp while I am playing a game.

So I guess the fading is a problem with all lit keyboards....that really sucks!

evelmunkey said:
So I guess the fading is a problem with all lit keyboards....that really sucks!
It's a problem normally. It's bigger problem if you got oily skin.

I got oily skin. At work, I normally go through a keyboard every 6 months or so at work.
(looking at my current one)
The current one I have only had for 4 months now, and all ready I can see that a s d e c o p b and enter is beginning to fade.

It drives my boss nuts when he used my work station and he notices that half the keys are no longer there.

The other thing that he does not like is that the I always physically remove the Shut Down, Sleep, Restart and Insert keys on what ever keyboard that I get given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom