Azureus running sloooooooowww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_Jaeger

Baseband Member
My download time in Azureus is really slow and I'm wondering if this is normal. I am downloading one torrent and uploading two and these are the up/down speeds:

Download: 8kiloBytes per second
Upload: 35kilobytes per second

As you can see the download speed sucks royally. Is this normal for a torrent with 9 seeders uploading?

My NAT is ok and so is my share ratio (1.989). My internet speed is advertised as being 1Megabit per second down and 512Kilobits up.

I have two questions then:

1. Is this download speed to be expected given the number of seeders and my internet connection speed?

2. If this speed is not normal what can I do to increase the speed?

Please I hope somebody can help me with this, I'm only at 15MB out of 5GB and I've been downloading for like half an hour.

1.) upload kills download
2.) cap your UL at 35kb/sec or so..seems like you're doing that (or you should)
3.) if there's only like 9 seeders, then you're rpetty much stuck with bad speeds
4.) the torrent is probably old? the torrent the torrent the slower it is

I had it capped at 55kB/s but now I changed it to 35kB/s and it seemed help it a little but not much.

The torrent is 3 months old.

Looks like with such a low number of seeders this download will take a long long time. I'm now at 0.5% complete.....I'm wondering if I should just give up on this torrent. At 12kB/s downloading 5.6GB will take days...

Sometimes i dont even UL at all and i get crazy download speeds 130kb/s :) lol just set it at 10kb/s UL and see what happens ;) they don't care

1. Did you do port forwarding if you have a router?

2. Are you using rogers?

3. Is this on a single torrent or a lot of torrents, some are just slow.

130 is crazy?? Nah I get 600 sometimes, oblivion was going at 300kb/sec.

azureus also uses java which makes it a total pig performance wise, even the orginal bittorrent client written in python is better

using windows, get utorrent, linux, try ctorrent or stick with the original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom