AvsPMod being stupid

Novice_Boi

Solid State Member
It's basically this:

I tried using AvsPMod to restore a video for a project; however I kept failing miserably.

I dragged the video in AvsPmod and it says "DirectVideoSource" as well as the destination of said video (C:/user/name/videos/"random_title") but two problems:
1. The full video won't even show up in the software.
2. It claims there is no such command as "DirectVideoSource" despite there being that very same command in the "search bar" when I type it.

It's not just that one attempt, it's multiple failed attempts from various tutorial videos.

It's an .mp4.

How I did that was, I previously tried exportng the video to VirtualDub (while still attempting to use AviSynth) using an .avi extension; however when I tried that it just kept saying I needed to use a "VFW" converter while saying that DirectSource components like Windows Media Player were not accepted.

Why are you using this ancient software? What do you mean restore? I use ffmpeg for that stuff, it can do anything and the documentation is books worth.

https://ffmpeg.org/

Sigh..... No I disagree and contend that ffmpeg works very well and already regret saying this but
What's wrong? What does the vague term restore mean? What command did you use? What error was produced?

I meant to say I was trying to upscale a Jackson 5 performance from 360p to 4k, and DirectVideoSource was the command that was already placed whilst uploading the video to AviSynth+. However despite the command coming up when typing it in, it says that there is no such command.

As of right now, however, I am attempting to download ffmpeg; however VirtualDub has now crashed.

UPDATE:
Installing ffmpeg gave me an unwanted extracter from NCH software. I downloaded ffmpeg from the OFFICIAL website.

Should I be worried?

Idk never heard of that. From what you describe, it seems like all your software is there but some is not in your path. I don't know how to change it in Windows and assume that's what you're using.

You say official website in all caps but leave no url?

This one is them:

Download FFmpeg

Fwiw I have never heard of upscaling and didn't know that was possible. I have an old made for tv movie that's hard to find. The copy I have is a 1gb mp4 file but the video bitrate is something like 600kbps and resolution is very small. It's made for tv movie shown as rerum, taped to vhs, ripped to divx, and years later I found streaming mp4 from this. Sound is ok, looks ok on small tv, but I would love a bigger version without distortion or giant file size.

I just heard Handbrake's able to reduce file size, but I think you would need some type of additional help (whether that be AviSynth+ or FFMpeg) to make it true HD.

Back
Top Bottom