Auto recovery files

Biggaz

Beta member
HI everyone, just need a bit of help with auto recovery. I recently used a lap top that wasn't mine, mine had gone kaput. So, as I was working off a usb drive I thought It would be safe. However, this other laptop crashed and made a recovery file. The problem is I managed to retrieve my word doc but the laptop had Microsoft Onedrive running on it and I'm concerned that the document I was working on has been saved to the Onedrive Cloud. The file is from work and quite sensitive. The default save location is set to 'This PC' for documents but not sure if this applies to auto recovery files as well. So my question is basically is there any chance that the recovery file has been saved to the cloud and if so how do I get rid of it. Thanks

Just having OneDrive on a system doesn't mean it was backed up to OneDrive.

It depends on if the user had OneDrive even setup, as well as where they were syncing from (i.e. what directories on their computer they were syncing to the cloud).

Hi, thanks for that. I don't think it is set up as there is no option to save to one drive, only 'this pc,' on the default save location page. So your probably right. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom