auto insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
who's your provider / monthly price?

this is aimed mostly towards recently insured teens.

As a teen (18-19) I had a '81 Dodge Challenger (Mitsubishi/Dodge), so it was about six years old. Classified as a sports car. I went with Allstate. I had a good student discount, driver's ed discount, and I was married, and I was paying $1300 a year for full coverage. That was twenty years ago.

I pay a whole lot less now.

The main thing to remember is what kind of car, and if you can be out on your parent's insurance. A four-door is cheaper than a two-door, and pickups are even cheaper. White may give you a price break, red will increase the cost. Good students (B or better) get a discount, as do those who have taken driver's ed.

this is nuts.

progressive wants 440$ A MONTH for a 4 door grand cherokee limited (1994).
allstate wants 350
geico won't even touch me because im not 18.

ugh

I don't know your location, but State Farm has good rates, and Farm Bureau's rates can't be beat.

The Cherokee is considered a SUV and a roll-over risk. Are you pricing full coverage or liability? Full coverage should only be used if you are making payments on the vehicle, as the age of it will cause the insurance company to total it if you have an accident, no matter how minor the damage.

liability
not making payments
A-B student
near st. louis missouri.

I sent an agent from american family (my parents coverage) to see what i'd need to do to be quoted under their policy....

You parents can just have the car put in their name and insured under their policy. Then you can just pay the increase. That's what my mom did until I moved out. The increase was like $100 per month, something like that.

yeah that was another thing im going to ask the american family agent whenever she replies to me.

$76/month - State Farm

Full coverage - 250 deductable - 2002 model

That includes 2 tickets in the past year 88 in a 75 and 81 in a 55. My foot must be made of lead.

you should raise your deductable to like $1000. For a younger person, that's the best way to lower your premium.

$23 a month for liability, uninsured motorist on a 91 Jeep Cherokee. I am sure it will go up since I got a ticket a while back. I have AIG insurance.

Alot of people will bag on state farm because of their rates, but i've had them since the day i started driving 15 years ago and they've taken great care of me and my family and the rates arent too bad. First car at 16 was a 68 bug living in the highest rate county in texas and i was paying 100 a month, got a 10 year old accord a few years later and it went up to 125 a month. Got a 3 year old jetta a few years later (still under 25) added full coverage with 250 deductible and it was only around 140 a month, moved out of Houston and it went down to around 110 a month. Now at 30 i drive an 04 jetta GLI with 250 deduct and live in colorado and pay 73 a month for full coverage. State farm is great.

PS over the last winter a snowplow hit the front end of my car in the parking lot, 2 different VW dealers estimated 1200 to repair, so i had statefarm appraise it, they cut me a check for 1100 after my dedcutible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom