Australia is on Tsunami Watch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Australia on tsunami watch after quake

Australia's east coast has been put on tsunami watch following a major 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Chile where at least six people have been killed.

The Joint Australian Tsunami Warning Centre (JATWC) issued a tsunami watch at 7:45pm (AEDT) on Saturday declaring a "potential tsunami threat" to New South Wales, Queensland, Lord Howe Island and Norfolk Island.

"Tsunami waves have been observed on the coast of Chile that may threaten Australia," the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) said in a statement on Saturday.

The BoM said tsunami waves could start affecting Norfolk and Lord Howe Islands after 8:30am (AEDT) on Sunday.

NSW could be hit after 8:45am (AEDT) on Sunday while Queensland could be hit after 8:15am (AEST)

Cool. I am going to the beach tomorrow morning!

Lucky !

Wish i could see things like this. I think i live in one of the only countries in the world which is not affected by:

Tornado's
Hurricanes
Earthquakes
Volcano's
Hailstorms (very rare)
Torrential rain (rare)
Heavy snow (very rare)
Bush fires
Tsunami's

It's incredible boring. I havn't even seen lightning for about 6 years. The only bad weather we do get is the occasional flooding, but it's never very bad except the one instant at Boscastle a few years ago, and it'll never effect me anyway.

2010_Chile_earthquake_NOAA_tsunami_projection_2010-02-27.jpg

**** you New Zealand! You are spoiling my fun.

Just came back home about a 30 minutes ago.
I was hoping for this
what I got was this

Serious, you could see signs there was some strange tide activitiy and at about 8:45 you should see that the waves where making more distance on the shore line.

Lucky !

Wish i could see things like this. I think i live in one of the only countries in the world which is not affected by:

Tornado's
Hurricanes
Earthquakes
Volcano's
Hailstorms (very rare)
Torrential rain (rare)
Heavy snow (very rare)
Bush fires
Tsunami's

It's incredible boring. I havn't even seen lightning for about 6 years. The only bad weather we do get is the occasional flooding, but it's never very bad except the one instant at Boscastle a few years ago, and it'll never effect me anyway.

I thought 1" of snow was heavy... Might explain why the country grinds to a halt...

;)

There was loads of water coming up from drains today. About as bad as it gets where I live.

P.s. I think that is a good thing tbh. ;)

We get more tornado's than any other country in Europe but they are tiny little oh let's pick up some cut grass affairs not the kind that destroys low budget housing and lands cows in trees.

Earthquakes we get a few a year but nothing you can feel and when they do shake a lamp post or CCTV camera it's makes the national headlines and schools offer counselling.

They are just a few of the not so serious disasters we get in the UK but both are enough to bugger up the trains.

The snow this year was a nightmare, and the flooding is getting worse every year.

Not sure what is more scary.
The fact that sydney was put on tsunami warning for the second time in less that 12 months.
Or the fact that I am noticing them.

Has Sydney always been getting issued tsunami warnings? Or is my 2012-End-Of-The-World-End-Of-Days fixation just getting the better of me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom