[AUST] Queen's Birthday Long Week End .. what are your plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Queen's Birthday long week end coming up at the end of the week.

My plans are getting away from Sydney for the week end. I am going out of a little drive out to the Temora as they have a Fly Day at the Aviation Museum. Not exactly sure what I am doing for the other 2 days. I am thinking about taking a drive up north to Forbes and Parkes, then head back into Sydney. Or I might go south into Canberra and spend a day there.

How about your plans?

What a 'oliday... :p

No plans for me. I'm having surgery Wednesday so I may still be in bed come the weekend... :eek:

What a 'oliday... :p

New South Wales gets it good for the first half of the year.
Australia Day, Easter, Anzac Day, Queen's Birthday. The last 3 are with in 3 months of each other. But we get ripped off the the remaining part of the year. Because after Queens Birthday in June, it's a long wait for Labor Day (October), and after that it's just christmas.

I still think that NSW should have Melbourne Cup Day as a holiday as no one gets any work done that day.

Ughhh which one the greedy old cow get's two birthdays, the real date of birth and a official state birthday.

I intend to sit down in my living room with a can of beer and a donner burger.

This morning I just finished my plans for the long week end.

Friday Night
Travelling from Sydney to Cootamunda with quick break at Yass. As much as I would like to try to make it all the way to Termora in one night, I am not as I will be leaving directly from work
Saturday
Spending the day at Temora Aviation Museum's Fly Day.
Sunday
Up north to Grenfell for the Guinea Pig Race and the Old Chystler Car Display. Travelling North again Parkes and spending the night there.
Monday
Exploring Parkes as I would like to see The Dish. After lunch, head back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom