Audio Recording...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol no it's not. i just recorded my entire band (at least 8 tracks per song w/ over dubbing, etc.) on a guy's computer with HUGE latency issues. after it's all said and done you just shift the parts to line up. no problem at all.

guitarfreak1857: like already mentioned, your problem is hardware, not software. are you using a usb input device by any chance? those tend to have latency issues alot of the time.

molsen said:
guitarfreak1857: like already mentioned, your problem is hardware, not software. are you using a usb input device by any chance? those tend to have latency issues alot of the time.

nope, putting my mic (from the x-fi) in front of my amp.

molsen said:
lol no it's not. i just recorded my entire band (at least 8 tracks per song w/ over dubbing, etc.) on a guy's computer with HUGE latency issues. after it's all said and done you just shift the parts to line up. no problem at all.
mb in amature/home recording level. it's not acceptable in professional level. musician cant play w that much latency. still analog tape recording is the best. no latency to think about and sounds so much better that any digital recording. just expensive.

if you're a professional level engineer, shifting tracks to line up takes no more than 5-10 seconds. Trust me... you learn fast. You don't always know what kind of equipment you're going to be dealing with so you have to be a "jack of all trades, master of none" in the audio world. For instance, I know a lot about speakers and can give advice when needed, but if you noticed, I always direct those types of threads to ericB (who knows extensively more than I about speakers themselves and how they work).

If you are using professional equipment and it has latency, then there is an issue, but if there is latency for basic level equipment, then you should know how to fix that within a few seconds... no problems whatsoever.

hook me up with a link for that, i can't find it.
Google it. There is no link to download it......You'll have to 'find it' if you want to check it out.

I think cakewalk sonar might have a trial version.

Crysalis said:
if you're a professional level engineer, shifting tracks to line up takes no more than 5-10 seconds. Trust me... you learn fast. You don't always know what kind of equipment you're going to be dealing with so you have to be a "jack of all trades, master of none" in the audio world. For instance, I know a lot about speakers and can give advice when needed, but if you noticed, I always direct those types of threads to ericB (who knows extensively more than I about speakers themselves and how they work).

If you are using professional equipment and it has latency, then there is an issue, but if there is latency for basic level equipment, then you should know how to fix that within a few seconds... no problems whatsoever.
lol we don't have to shift things for latency issue. if we have to, then it's not really a professional environment. (except for shifting in sample levels when using auto-tune or de-noise or something + theres delay compensation for real time plug-ins anyway) i use protools HD3 w/ 4 DSP cards w/ 3 192 interface, 48 out 24 in. and also i don't have to learn how to do it...i do digital editing and engineering for major artists. i'm not sure you've been in real professional session, but we can't waste even 5-10 sec for technical issue like shifting audio...we usually have so much other things to worry about.

boomstick666 said:
lol we don't have to shift things for latency issue. if we have to, then it's not really a professional environment. (except for shifting in sample levels when using auto-tune or de-noise or something + theres delay compensation for real time plug-ins anyway) i use protools HD3 w/ 4 DSP cards w/ 3 192 interface, 48 out 24 in. and also i don't have to learn how to do it...i do digital editing and engineering for major artists. i'm not sure you've been in real professional session, but we can't waste even 10-20 sec for shifting audio...we usually have so much other things to worry about.

Did you hear what he said? It takes 5-10 seconds, not 10-20 seconds! :p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom