ATI/AMD may be going down the tubes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats is happening to AMD right now is what was happening to Intel from 2002-2006, no biggie they will come back, although this will no doubt hurt their business. When the knew cpu/gpu technology comes out they will have a huge technological advantage over Intel.

Rise an Fall, all companies go through times like this AMD will just have to grin an bare it.

just wait for the B3 steppings, those will show the Phenoms' true potential. Reason im getting the 5000+ black edition n will get a 9900 when it comes out.

Whats is happening to AMD right now is what was happening to Intel from 2002-2006, no biggie they will come back, although this will no doubt hurt their business. When the knew cpu/gpu technology comes out they will have a huge technological advantage over Intel.

I don't know if they could be compared to Intel anywhere but performance wise. Intel still had their CPUs in a lot of retail computers. Also, Intel was still ahead of AMD marketing wise.

there's still smaller companies than amd chugging along

i remember seeing some laptops w/ a processor company i've never heard of in my life

i love how some people are so worried about a cpu/gpu monopoly when there is a complete operating system monopoly and thats why vista blows at the moment, and i just love how nobody ever complains about that.

amd/ati ftw.

Both Intel and AMD need each other to be running in the race. We need both of them running and the US government won't allow AMD to go under because the Intel will be able to just hike up the prices with no consequences.

i love how some people are so worried about a cpu/gpu monopoly when there is a complete operating system monopoly and thats why vista blows at the moment, and i just love how nobody ever complains about that.

amd/ati ftw.

bah, Vista will eventually get optimized just like XP did. Takes time. And the operating system monopoly hasn't slowed us down the least bit, at least with concerns to PC gaming. Look where we were only ten years ago in PC gaming.. and look where we are now... that's pretty decently fast progression for ten years. And as far as other aspects of an operating system, well, I couldn't care for much else. We've pretty much plateaued as far as how simple and intuitive today's modern operating systems are.

Thing is, if AMD dies out, and Intel decides to slow down progress, another, smaller company with more motivation but fewer resources will come in quick and kick them in the nuts with better processors, re-initiating the cycle of things. Then Intel will re-amass its massive amounts of resources, double their efforts and destroy the smaller company, then they'll go back to slowing progress down and so on..

or, Intel will continue to progress well in processor development even after AMD kick's the bucket, due to demand from military and industrial establishments (they'll need to produce better tech to do more things and better) and that stuff will eventually find itself in its own form at the consumer level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom