ATI/AMD may be going down the tubes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you work at AMD?
no?
so how do you know what's going on in management?

It's time for AMD to give it up (or fire executives) | The Digital Home - Don Reisinger's take on the tech closest to home - CNET Blogs

AMD drops off Top 10 as poor yearly sales hit - Infomatics

Yahoo! Message Boards - Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) - AMD Management Has Serious Communication Problems

TG Daily

AMD has over $5 billion dollars in debt, has reported very significant losses for the last 3 consecutive quarters, has insufficient cash on hand to fund operations until their next product release cycle (I'm talking about Fusion), loses money every time they sell a CPU, has a current
product line is already very late for delivery, is currently experiencing serious supply & yield issues for a launched product (Barcelona), historically has an oversupply of parts in Q1, and has only 8 weeks to turn it all around. In addition, senior executives have recently jumped ship in the same time frame as the Barcelona product launch, which I read as a measure of the internal confidence level they have in their latest product. Unless something drastically changes in the next two months, they're headed for bankruptcy.

AMD's stock price traded around $8.50, which is a four-year low for the company. The little green chipmaking company that could can be bought today for $4.73 billion in cash. That's 3.6% less than it would've cost a buyer yesterday, which is not a good trend.

Potential Buyers?
1.) NVIDIA - Buy AMD/ATI & Sell ATI for spare parts
2.) SAMSUNG - The #2 largest chip maker. Intels #1 competitive threat. Extension of an x86 product line...

Anyone who has a shred of business knowledge knows that any and all of these problems mentioned above and in my previous posts, all stem from poor management. I don't have to work for the friggin' company to attain this information. I could have posted 20 more links to various other sources that denote the same problems with AMD's management.

AMD is in big trouble APOK. BIG BIG TROUBLE!

And for god sakes apok. give up while you still can. You're wrong now get over yourself. AMD will be sold to the highest bidder. (My guess Samsung)

All that's telling us, is that other people also have the same opinion as you.
But opinion does not equal reality.

AMD is here to stay for a long time.

AMD is in big trouble APOK. BIG BIG TROUBLE!
Says you.

And for god sakes apok. give up while you still can. You're wrong now get over yourself. AMD will be sold to the highest bidder. (My guess Samsung)
high-horse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom