ATI/AMD may be going down the tubes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is vista unstable?

Yeah i have the same question, sure there are some things out there that are not compatible with vista. But the operating itself is perfectly stable unless you're doing something wrong.

lol...I may just try to post screenies of all the games I run on vista, not that it will help anybody believe anything. Vista runs all my games fine.
I'm not a hardcore gamer and don't max out my system, but I work it with a lot of varied apps.

AMD bought ATI for 5.4 Billion. AMD/ATI have consistently lost market share in every graphical area since their merger. 1 Billion doesn't do jack for AMD/ATI right now.
Actually, yes it does.

And now that they have RV670, and are about to release 55nm versions of their lower-end GPU's, as well as preparing 3870 X2's, they will have a strong market in the graphics department.

AMD Hits Year Low on Product Delays: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

AMD delays chip shipments; aims for 2008 profit: Reuters Business News: US:AMD - MSN Money

AMD, the world's No. 2 supplier of computer processors, has posted four straight quarters of losses as has struggled with chip shipment delays over the last two years -- amid renewed competition from Intel.

The analyst said AMD was delaying product shipments to the biggest computer makers -- including Hewlett-Packard Co , Dell Inc , Sun Microsystems Inc and International Business Machines Corp . "That's pretty big," Dryden said.

Back in April shortly after the AMD/ATI merger AMD was attempting to mortgage itself out to ease a reported 1.8 Billion dollars they were in debt. They did receive financing from a few banking institutions as I recall. These new reports of losses in market shares is not a great sign to investors. Most likely AMD's cut backs after the merger to ease the debt has come back full circle. They've cut too many corners to survive at this point and it's becoming obvious with these recent delays and various product bugs and issues.

AMD/ATI needs a miracle at this point.

they will have a strong market in the graphics department. wow that's such a fanboy statement.

Why will they? Because the R600's were so friggin' hyped up like they were going to be the next best thing since sliced bread? And then they were a total superHOT flop. Even NVIDIA's entry level card the 8800GTS over shadowed the 2900HD. So we are to believe that somehow AMD will revamp the R670, R680 and R700's and they will somehow beat NVIDIA and regain market share?

I'm not a fanboy so I'm not so sure.

Too early to play taps just yet. I look for AMD to get back in th egame, but I dunno about regaining the crown they just lost... that would be a long time coming.

Hey, Havoc... the new house doesn't have a basement, but it does have a 1500 sq ft crawlspace you can use. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom