Atari 2600

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscientific13

In Runtime
I just bought an Atari 2600 with a bunch of games and controllers at a garage sale for 20 dollars. It didn't have the TV/Game switch box with it, but it was in good condition and came with the box. I improvised by taking two pieces of wire and attatching them to a coaxial adapter. I then attached the wires to the plug that comes out of the back of the atari. It now works perfectly. I can finally play breakout in full color and sound :D

http://www.psxextreme.com/screenshots/consoles/atari_2600.jpg

I have one of those sitting in my basement with hundreds of games, it still works and in good condition too.

cool, my friend had one as well. I forget how many games he has for it, but I remember playing pitfall, star wars, and ice hockey on it. Fun stuff.

I had one back when they were new. We wore it out. Had to replace the joysticks several times.

The graphics are garbage by today's standards, but the old 2600 will always have a warm place in my memory.

Ah yes, the VCS, Atari's first programmable console. I have one in my basement along with about a dozen games... it still works great!

Oh, how I miss my 2600. I got my 2600, lets see, I think back when SNES first debuted. I was always kind of behind in the video game department, which would account for my rather small fascination with them.

But alas, I miss it nonetheless, and would love to have one in my posession once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom