astronomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezrider

Solid State Member
Hello,

I joined a while ago and just got around to building my first rig. I was wondering if any of you get into astronomy too. Here are some of my scopes that I enjoy looking through at planets galaxies, globuler clusters and diffuse nebula.

12.5" custom built (by Rob Teeter) truss dobsonian with a OMI-Torus mirror.
6" Newtonian
5" Russian Maksutov- Cassegrain
80mm Flourite doublet apo refractor

clear skies to you.

i dont have any scopes, but i do love to look at stars when they're visible. From my house, I can see Mars pretty often, big dipper, lil dipper, orion's belt, orion himself, and a few others i forget.

i love astronomy... i just have some scope from costco that has a little program on it to move to where the star/system/planet is

up in bellingham we get a TON of lunar eclipses... not sure why, but i know their really cool

when i was little i wanted to be an anstronaut for 5 years (from age 6 to 11 :p)

Crysalis said:
i dont have any scopes, but i do love to look at stars when they're visible. From my house, I can see Mars pretty often, big dipper, lil dipper, orion's belt, orion himself, and a few others i forget.

Thats cool. If you have some binoculars laying around there is plenty to see with those. When Orion comes up later this fall, you can check out the great orion nebula, it is located in the middle star of his sword, Also a lot of the brighter messier objects are visible with binoculars. Open clusters like the pleiades are a real treat with binoculars. Here is a free program that will let you know where the planets are located and other deep space objects.

link

I've always loved the skys. There's something about it that just seems so human--I mean throughout history we've all been in awe of the heavens. I always thought that that'd be a great hobby for me to really get into one day when Im older, maybe something to do with my son, but right now...I don't know, quality astronomical equipment is wayyyyyyy more expensive than a decent gaming rig. Plus I doubt Id find many 20 somethings my age around here to appreciate the beauty of the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom