Around $5000 to spend on a new car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I'm looking for a new daily driver, and I have around $5000 to spend on it. I have a daughter, so something with more than 2 seats would be nice. I'm thinking a 4x4 SUV that I can lift, and take off road, or even an Extended Cab truck. Suggestions for vehicles? I've been thinkin' about just savin' up a thousand more, and buying 2 Pontiac Aztecs, that are for sale locally, that way both my girlfriend and I have new vehicles.

I say go with the 2 vehicle idea, because if one has problems there's still one that you can use.

I say go with the 2 vehicle idea, because if one has problems there's still one that you can use.

I've been seriously thinking about this option, but then comes the thought of double the insurance, 'cause we'd still be keeping our current vehicles. Although I could afford the insurance, as it would only be around $200/month, but that's still quite a bit of money.

I don't really recommend the Aztec... its a odd car to drive and its a pain in the butt to reverse.

Maybe check out 4Runner's? I saw a couple going off for like $3500 in my area (98k miles though)

I don't really recommend the Aztec... its a odd car to drive and its a pain in the butt to reverse.

Maybe check out 4Runner's? I saw a couple going off for like $3500 in my area (98k miles though)

Yeah, the only ones around here are old beat up piles with well over 98k. I'll buy just about anything, as long as it has under 100k, and has been taken care of. I don't drive too much, so 10-15k miles a year would last me while until it gets to the "dreaded" 200k. I've been looking at Jettas, but every time I contact the sellers, they've been sold already. I either want something big, or something small and fast. There was a 300ZX 2+2 twin turbo I spotted, but the guy was asking 8 for it. 800+ HP to the wheels. :cry:

Don't know what prices are like down in the states, but i would try to get something low maintenance like a Toyota Yaris, or a Toyota Echo Hatchback. You'll enjoy being able to squeeze into itty bitty corners, and really easy parking!

If those are out of your range, then a clean Chevy cobalt or a Pontiac Pursuit seem like very economical cars.

Or, you could go with an older Miata; they're RWD and a pleasure to drive (or so i hear).

Don't know what prices are like down in the states, but i would try to get something low maintenance like a Toyota Yaris, or a Toyota Echo Hatchback. You'll enjoy being able to squeeze into itty bitty corners, and really easy parking!

If those are out of your range, then a clean Chevy cobalt or a Pontiac Pursuit seem like very economical cars.

Or, you could go with an older Miata; they're RWD and a pleasure to drive (or so i hear).

Honestly, I'm not looking for an economical car, especially not something so tiny.

as it would only be around $200/month, but that's still quite a bit of money.

a 10 mpg difference in your new vehical purchase with the miles you consider you'll be driving at the current gas prices = $300.00 per month difference ruffly.

a 10 mpg difference in your new vehical purchase with the miles you consider you'll be driving at the current gas prices = $300.00 per month difference ruffly.

I already drive a '79 Chevy pickup with a 350, in the city. I get like 13mpg city, if I'm lucky. :p Before that I had a F350, and got roughly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom