Army Warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

As some of you know in Israel when we finish High School we got to 3 years of Army, its a law. The testing / organizing start 1/2 years before you recruit. Anyways I got my Warrant today, and i have 12 hours of testing in 1 month.
I have no clue what i want to do if i even have that choice but i still have like 2 years until i start. I know there's a lot of Army/Navy/Airforce in here like Nukem and Chris Chadwick.

Just wanted to share that

Thanks,
Preacher

3 years in army ? :(
Luckily we have only 6 to 12 months, and after that 6-12months more if you are good and really like it. Then starts an opportunity to join the army completely.

But at least you dont have freezing winters, I was for 6 months, near the north pole, hrr..

First off Congratulations! I am a former Army Regular an a Current army reservist PM if you need any questions answerd.

Second of all if you want to see combat go for infantry if you want to learn more IT an electronics skills go with a communications regiment if you like big bangs go an be a sapper (Demolitions) or if you like watching large bangs from a distance an are up for some heavy lifting Artillery is for you.

Artillery is a lot of fun though, especially with missile launcher vehicles!
I was part of 5 man team who used Katayusha
TN_Katayusha_ArmyRecognition_Russia_005.JPG

Actually it was more modern version of it but you get the picture :)

First of all, they decide where i go cause on the 10/25 i have a 12 hour testing (not physical) but all sorts of what-not. Still have no clue what i want to do when i finish hig-school ill start thinking about it.

Don't worry about figuring out what you want to do right away.

The fact is, at that age, no one does. I know one person, ONE person, who is doing what they wanted to do in high school.

I'm not really sure how your Country handles the military and whatnot, but hopefully joining the Army will open up alot of doors for you.

Preacher said:
First of all, they decide where i go cause on the 10/25 i have a 12 hour testing (not physical) but all sorts of what-not.
Sounds like the ASVAB here (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). I took it in high school... scored way off the charts. All of the branches wanted to talk to me, but I didn't see myself taking orders from anybody (typical immature teenager). Had I went for it, I could have chosen any MOS.

Sounds like the ASVAB here (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery). I took it in high school... scored way off the charts. All of the branches wanted to talk to me, but I didn't see myself taking orders from anybody (typical immature teenager). Had I went for it, I could have chosen any MOS.

Same here. They were calling me night and day when i took that crap. After the fact i almost wish i had joined the chair force for 4 years right out of high school instead of blowing 6 years in college.

in Israel when we finish High School we got to 3 years of Army, its a law.

I wouldn't worry about what you'd do... as you said the testing will help you decide... besides, it may open up doors you didn't think were possible. You never know if you do decide to go Warrant and like it, you may stay in after your 3 years, or however long it is for an officer. (US is minimum of 6-8 years depending on designator)

No matter what happens, if you don't like it, after 3 years, you can always get out, and do something else.. Collage, JOB, wino, etc... LOL

Enjoy your life now while you can... As you get older, you can enjoy those moments in between work! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom