Architects float prison-in-the-sky idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon that's a pretty **** good idea. As well as making it much harder to escape from, it's a good use of space.

I think it's a really neat idea. Especially with how cities are getting so packed.

My only questions is: What would happen if it was to collapse and fall onto the city below?

What would happen if ANY skyscraper fell onto the city below?

I have always liked my idea of having a international prison for the worst criminals in the word to be made in Antarctica, if they try to escape they freaze to death, it's a long way from anyware so if you see some one pokeing round they must be up to no good.

How could you make it economically feasible, Sax? I mean, sure, every country could pay X dollars/euros/whatever per head, but how they already do that now and the system sucks (no matter what country you are in).

Many prisons here in the US have gone to being privately ran and are actually making a profit. Possibly something along those lines...

To be honest it's just a idea I have had for a very long time, I haven't put much money into this is how we could do it fiscally.

Unfortunately the costs of getting adequate supplies down to the prison, as well as extra heating costs, would make that idea less feasible.

How could you make it economically feasible, Sax? I mean, sure, every country could pay X dollars/euros/whatever per head, but how they already do that now and the system sucks (no matter what country you are in).

Very true. Bad enough that my tax dollars are paying for the prison in the first place, let alone the fact that I have to pay large amounts to ship them out there.

However I did like the idea from the movie Face/Off where they used a discontinued off shore oil drilling plattform.

I reckon that's a pretty **** good idea. As well as making it much harder to escape from, it's a good use of space.

What would happen if ANY skyscraper fell onto the city below?

But a skyscraper can only harm the buildings right next to it. If this fell it would crush everything below :\

EDIT: and a skyscraper is held up by itself..it is it's own support..with this building it's held up by columns lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom