Archaic Japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.
English one of the hardest? hahahaha, I don't think so...
actually it is. It doesn't help that it's a mutt language derived primarily from other languages, but there are a ton of stupid little rules. Just look at cough, tough, through, and though....all end in ough but each pronounced differently.

Chankama - learning something new eh? :D It's the only japanese that little gaki knows so he uses it on me quite often...........MUAHAHAHAHAH

And here, so you dont have to look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaki

Look at the end of the paragraph in reference to how it's used today.

EDIT: Did a little searching, hungarian was listed as the most difficult language based on which language gave british officials of the embassy the hardest time to learn. Second place was japanese.

But the main point of the article goes on to talk about it all depends on where you are from so there is no 'hardest language' per se. Like english speakers will think chinese to be the hardest because of the symbols, whereas for japanese obviously chinese wouldn't be the hardest because they are more used to the symbols, especially since they use a lot of the chinese kanji.

Some say english is hard, some say german is the hardest and english is the easiest..........so go figure.

bah don't be calling me no gaki you BAKA...I am your sensei, I enlightened you with the anime wisdom and showed you the path of the opteron

Nubius said:
actually it is. It doesn't help that it's a mutt language derived primarily from other languages, but there are a ton of stupid little rules. Just look at cough, tough, through, and though....all end in ough but each pronounced differently.

Chankama - learning something new eh? :D It's the only japanese that little gaki knows so he uses it on me quite often...........MUAHAHAHAHAH

And here, so you dont have to look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaki

Look at the end of the paragraph in reference to how it's used today.

EDIT: Did a little searching, hungarian was listed as the most difficult language based on which language gave british officials of the embassy the hardest time to learn. Second place was japanese.

But the main point of the article goes on to talk about it all depends on where you are from so there is no 'hardest language' per se. Like english speakers will think chinese to be the hardest because of the symbols, whereas for japanese obviously chinese wouldn't be the hardest because they are more used to the symbols, especially since they use a lot of the chinese kanji.

Some say english is hard, some say german is the hardest and english is the easiest..........so go figure.
Ah yes, kanji, the third and most difficult of the Japanese alphabets.

There are over 1,000 Kanji symbols but you only need to know approximately 600 to be able to read any Japanese material.
:beard:

btw, is my avatar showing up to everyone else???

look here:

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/readarticle.php?article_id=37

To master the hardest japanese language proficiency test you must know 2000 kanji. Basically you gotta be fluent lol. I kept hearing on that board that that test is very difficult. A lot of japanese people couldn't pass it. But that'd be like if you gave an english exam of same level difficulty to americans, I bet a majority of americans wouldn't be able to pass the hardest level.

and yes your avatar is showing up.

When I went to one of those Japanese languge learning sites you linked to there were no symbols, only question marks....is this because I'm using an english operating system? How do I make the japanese symbols show up?

eh....if I change it to japanese will it change all the fonts on my computer or will it just fill in the "????" words? Probably a dumb question but I have to be sure so that I don't make my entire computer unreadable lol.

eh....if I change it to japanese will it change all the fonts on my computer or will it just fill in the "????" words? Probably a dumb question but I have to be sure so that I don't make my entire computer unreadable lol.
You aren't changing any fonts, you're adding fonts. If you follow those instructions that I linked you then all it will do is allow you to see the kanji on japanese pages, and chinese and basically most asian lol.

Do I need some kinda secret "anime decoder ring" to decipher what the heck you guys are talking about?
lol dude, none of what has been discussed has been about anime.

If you go to that japanese language page, unless you have the japanese fonts installed, you'll just see symbols, that's what this guy was asking about, so I linked him on how to install the japanese font so he can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom