apt. flooded for X-mas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi229

Daemon Poster
It's a very merry Xmas this year... the washing machine "forgot" to shut off when it was full and put out gallons and gallons into the apt. floor when it overflowed...
hope Your holidays have been a bit less exciting

we got most of it up, my parents brought over 2 big wet/dry carpet cleaning shop vacs from like 1980 lol and we got most of it up before maintinence got here. they are sending out a crew to finish the job... it soaked the halway 2 closets into both bedrooms and started into the living room... when we noticed it there was about 2 inches of standing water in the bathroom

that really sucks mate, hope you still managed to have a nice christmas regardless!

wow, glad all that's over... Christmass worked out and was wonderful
the Apt. complex and thier property manager have been great, they're doing moisture test now that all the water's gone and next week they are coming to clean the carpets and deoderize.

i know how that feels our stupid washer machine, the hose in the back slipped off and the whole garage floor was wet, and my garage is like a room it gots a couch(2) pooltable, and all kinds of music equipment and carpet.

Burn that sucks well at least your apt people are pulling there end my buddys had a tolit over flow for like a hole 8 hours or something and there landlord didnt do a thing. Be thankfull.

wow,
for them not to do anything about the toilet... that's bad... i think i would have been a bit upset.
pluss for anyone who is renting. get renters insurance!!!!
in something like this they will make sure it gets taken care of. they make sure the landlord keeps up thier end. and the insurance company can put pressure on the landlord in ways you can't. i found this out... not that it came to that, but it looked like it might have there for a day.
get renters insurance, it's not that much, and it's very much worth it if anything ever happens!!!
happy new year everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom