Apple dethrons Microsoft as top US tech company...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to disagree. They're a good fad company, and it's good to have them around for the usual competition reasons.

I like apple for giving me something to hate so passionately.

Im happy to say ive never directly given them a dime.

How's that?

The way most are talking they're making it sound like they think Apple has surpassed Microsoft as a bigger company or now has a higher annual revenue etc. What I'm saying is market value has nothing to do with either of those statistics.

That's cool, I was more asking remixedcat how Apple are a fad company.

I don't fully understand what this "market value" thing means though...

Taken from Wiki
Readers should realize that Market Value is not exact science, but an introduced concept from individuals and companies as a business tool. Value is subject to seller and buyer's perception and interpretation of parameters that they decide to take into consideration, while other people usually refer to their very own perceptions and interpretations of what those people think is important. Any whatever article should be explained in this context, because people pay what they want in spite of whatever advice.

I highlighted what I think is the most important.

People see the launch of iPhone and iPad, they see it's hyped beyond our solar system, they start to see the stock price go up, they buy buy buy.
They don't know a flippin' thing about their actual market share. All is what they see is a stock going up.

Yep and that's why market share in terms of company size/value really means about as much as what Steve Jobs had for breakfast this morning.

They take a Turd and then call it the iTurd and charge double Turd prices. Presto they own the Turd Market :thumbsup:

I like apple for giving me something to hate so passionately.

Im happy to say ive never directly given them a dime.

I never realized it, but I never have either. I never got an iPod, Macbook, or any other Apple device whatsoever. I haven't touched iTunes or any other services they have. Not even something as little as a pair of Apple branded headphones, or a keyboard or a cable or ANYTHING... I literally have never given them... a cent.

**** I feel good. Time to order some wings.

I saw a street interview today of people standing in line for the iPad, one lady pretty much summed up all the others:
"If it starts with an 'i' I'll buy it straight away, definitely"
No research into better products, no research into that particular product. People like that REALLY **** me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom