appeals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you are doing some thing that is blantly breaking the rules, eg. FREE IPOD SPAM, normally the mods here PM you more than once letting you know that you are out of line.

It's the mod's ruling at the end of the day. If you don't like how this (or any other forum) is runned, then feel free to leave.

It's not like some one is pointing a gun to your head to sead "YOU WILL POST ONLY IN TF!"

NUFF SED!

*sigh*............

i'm merely proposing an idea... i'm not complaining or trying to force this on anyone...

(i bet that trotter itching for the chance to ban me..:) :p )

Nah. I actually don't go headhunting, but I care a lot about TF and have no problem being the hatchet man if need be.

I think Trotter secretly [i[loves[/i] banning people. I've never done it before, maybe it's one of lifes secret thrills

Not really, but there have been a few that... well, never mind.

john3 got banned? Seriosuly?

Unfortunately, yes. It came after repeated warnings, and he seems to have accepted the fact.

this is for regular posters that get banned for violating a certain rule a few times..

i think it would be a good idea for people to be able to appeal their ban after a period of time.. something like 1 month.. after they've learned their lesson, etc.. and if they get banned again, then its a permanent ban. good idea? i think so.

the appeal would not guarantee getting unbanned.. the mods can vote on it or something... orr.. there can be like a veto system where if 1 mod doesn't want them to come back, they don't.. these little details can be worked out later.. but the general idea i think is good.

your thoughts?

Actually, something like this has been discussed before as a disciplinary measure. Some forums use a temporary ban (know as a h*llban) of a set number of days as a way to punish those who break the rules. Unfortunately, the current version of vB that TF is running doesn't support that feature.

Hopefully one day TF will be upgraded to a newer version, but that is a monumental task, and will take TF offline for a day or so... and there's no guarantee that everything will translate. Another forum I post on upgraded from UBB to vB 3.5.4... many threads and even whole forums vanished, as well as everyone's PMs. It's been a couple of manths now and they are still ironing out the bugs.

As of right now, a banned member can contact the administration of this site and discuss their status. No guarantee that it would change anything, but that option is open.

Anyone banned here on TF is only done so when warranted. Many members have come close to being banned, so with few posts and some with many. As Harper said, there are warnings sent to most of these well in advance, but not in extreme cases. Everyone on the mod team strives to be fair and give members the benefit of the doubt.

If you really 'changed your ways' and want to come back......you start a new name and lay low. That's the way it goes. If you've come back and contribute to the posting again and dont act like the blatant jerk that got you banned, then even if the mods know it was a person that got banned, they'll usually be pretty leniant about it. Theres your appeal system.

If you really care about your current username..........dont get banned.

Nubius said:
If you really 'changed your ways' and want to come back......you start a new name and lay low.
Pretty much what every one else does around here.

And then they start threads like "ANY ONE REMEMBER THE USER [INSERT BANNED NAMED HERE]", and then they come clean about how they were that banned user. And then they get banned again.

It is rather difficult to get banned here unless you are extremely out of line. Even if you have public e-arguments with mods, they don't ban unless you cross the well displayed E-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom