Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i would like to make a formal apology to everyone for the size of my sig i did get a warning about it but i thought i reduced it anough im sorry for any trouble i have caused. And in the future i will be more carefull about the size of my sigs

I just got one too :)...had to get rid of mine aswell :).

Oh well, whatever makes the mods happy...I enjoy this forum so I'm happy to get rid of it.

well... about the sig (amount of lines)
I would say, in your case apokalipse, you have 20 lines of text, plus 3 blank lines.

while, your specs are not neccessarily a problem (and as some people think they can be useful-- [they might have same machine,etc] --) you do have:

about 5 lines of quotes
a line that says: 'quote'
a line that says: 'computer specs'
and 3 blank lines

pretend you and another member (with a similar sig) exchange 2 post each in a thread. Together you have 80 plus lines of "sig text/lines"

and problably only 10 to 30 lines of actual text from the post.
Now, most threads have many more members/posts/etc.

Do you see how it all can add up?
A thread can get very long and its not even the messages... its sig lines... that you read over and over again :)

Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling....
anyone feel they scroll too much on these forums?

:)

It does get a little annoying sometimes, there has to be a way to integrate the system specs. in the forums in an unbotrusive way.

Maybe create a simple form that can house this data and a link to that form as a sig.

I know I put a lot of mileage on my scroll mouse going through these messages because of the long sigs. I think it's a great idea that Holocron has. Maybe stick all of your system specs in the profile area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom