AP Calculus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Radience said:
AP Physics is where it's at.

Physics C owns. Problem is, most colleges are pretty anal on giving credit for the test (e.g. I passed both portions, however, it only got me credit for two classes that didn't count towards my major) :mad:

Calculus is SOOOOOO EASY. It's probably the easiest course ever along with Algebra.

Wait until calc. 3 (sequences and series-based calculus) - that one usually weeds out a ton of people. It's all downhill from there, though.

Martin said:
Wait until calc. 3 (sequences and series-based calculus) - that one usually weeds out a ton of people. It's all downhill from there, though.

Where I went to school, they did the sequences and series based calculations in Calc 2.

I had major problems in Calc 1, but that was because it was my first semester at college.

Calc 3 was a breeze, because I had learned my lesson about studying.

Give Differential Equations a try. [sarcasm] I really enjoyed that class.

Or, better yet, sell back your diff. eq. book, and two semesters later have a professor give you a homework problem that says "Use your knowledge of Differential Equations to derive the final form of this equation for the given conditions." [/sarcasm]

Tonights study night for sure...Cram it in and stay up till 3. lol ya right. I'm averaging 70 out of 108 on the test so I'm not toooo worried. Getting a 5 would be sick though! Yankees play in 2 hours...better get studying.

Martin said:

I have to respectfully disagree. Ironically enough, I just had an exam (mostly proofs) on the subject this morning. I know for a fact that I got a 100, very easy.

hilowe said:
Where I went to school, they did the sequences and series based calculations in Calc 2.

I had major problems in Calc 1, but that was because it was my first semester at college.

Calc 3 was a breeze, because I had learned my lesson about studying.

Give Differential Equations a try. [sarcasm] I really enjoyed that class.

You know what, I must say, we have distinct similiarties. I'm an engineering major and I wasn't focused during my first semester. Then, once Calc 2 started, I straightened out. Got an A.

I have to take Differential Equations next semester (Fall 2006) :( I'll be looking forward to it. I ordered this one book - "Advanced Engineering Mathematics" by Erwin K. I heard if you study this book over the summer, you'll be in good shape going in.

Any suggestions for Diff Eqs?

M4A1 said:

Yeah, two.

1. Don't goof off in the class.

2. Don't sell your book back.

If you show up for every class, and actually do the homework, the class itself is not too terribly difficult. I've had other classes that I dreaded much more (thermodynamics, and mechanics of materials are two examples).

What gets difficult is trying to remember how to apply it the next couple of semesters.

Thermodynamics... eh :( Don't even get me started on that topic.

I'm assuming you're going into engineering? (Mech E?)

--

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan on goofing off :p

I was going to take DIff equations next semester, but I decided to wait 1 semester. After having a very hard time in calc 3 I decided a break would be beneficial.

I guess not going to class and waiting to the last minute to submit hw wasn't the best choice.

M4A1 said:
You know what, I must say, we have distinct similiarties. I'm an engineering major and I wasn't focused during my first semester. Then, once Calc 2 started, I straightened out. Got an A.

I have to take Differential Equations next semester (Fall 2006) :( I'll be looking forward to it. I ordered this one book - "Advanced Engineering Mathematics" by Erwin K. I heard if you study this book over the summer, you'll be in good shape going in.

ncjimn said:
I was going to take DIff equations next semester, but I decided to wait 1 semester. After having a very hard time in calc 3 I decided a break would be beneficial.

I guess not going to class and waiting to the last minute to submit hw wasn't the best choice.

Differential Equations is a lot easier than Calc 3. I easily got a 98 in DE but actually had to work a little bit for my 95 in Calc 3. DE was a breeze. Everyone that I know thought DE was a bit easier. The hardest final I have taken was yesterdays Physics 2 w/ Calc 2. Beast of a class. I love the theroy of Physics but the professor sucked which makes the material very diffucult to understand. I am just glad its over.

evelmunkey said:
Differential Equations is a lot easier than Calc 3. I easily got a 98 in DE but actually had to work a little bit for my 95 in Calc 3. DE was a breeze. Everyone that I know thought DE was a bit easier. The hardest final I have taken was yesterdays Physics 2 w/ Calc 2. Beast of a class. I love the theroy of Physics but the professor sucked which makes the material very diffucult to understand. I am just glad its over.

I guess my professor had a lot to do with me hating calc 3.
I got a B in the class and not one person got above a 94. I actually did good on calc 2, i easily got a 98. But I must forget about this professor before I can take DE. I want math to be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom