AOL Discs?

I have you all beat.

I am a former AOL Employee. I have floppy discs "somewhere" off aol 1.0 and in some binder is every version of AOL released.

I also still have my functioning ID

Last edited:
Those were the good ol' days of the Internet... I might build myself a 98 box too. I remember I had so many hours of entertainment on my dads old Compaq laptop that ran Windows 98. We had one of those pull up coffee tables and would sit on the couch, pull that thing up, plug in our dial up, and go about our business!

The best part about those good old days were the lack of advertising of every site. I miss the old basic html without frames text sites.

I collected them for a while then made a bunch of mouse trap racers using the aol Discs as wheels. Now that was a fun afternoon having 40 mouse trap racers rolling down a half mile long hill.
If you glue 3 discs together so they are thicker, you can put a rubber band around them for better traction. This might only be practical if you were using a pcb and servo motor robot frankenstein type thing.

Man, I remember when they would advertise going online for cartoon network and such, and they would tell you "AOL Keywords". Oh, my childhood.

Back
Top Bottom